News Friday night news - Barr Announces US. Attorney For SDNY to step down.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Hope he lays low for 6 months until Jan and can get rehired to really twist the screws.

I know, wishful thinking.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Lev Parnas & Igor Fruman are under indictment in the SDNY, and Parnas has been singing like a bird. It would be a bad time for Rudy to be indicted, I figure.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Friday Night Massacre anyone???

Edit: Wow, this is nuts
086b06bacc0f81327bb65475cb4368fd.jpg

If you’re working on any indictments Mr. Berman, hurry up and file them.

Last edited:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
ah, the plot thins...

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/i-...denies-doj-announcement-he-was-stepping-down/

‘I have not resigned’: SDNY US Attorney denies DOJ announcement he was ‘stepping down’

The U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York denied an announcement from Bill Barr’s Department of Justice that he was stepping down.

“I learned in a press release from the Attorney General tonight that I was ‘stepping down’ as United States Attorney. I have not resigned, and have no intention of resigning, my position, to which I was appointed by the Judges of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York,” Geoffrey Berman said in a statement.

“I will step down when a presidentially appointed nominee is confirmed by the Senate,” he explained.

Reactions: Aegeon

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Legal twitter consensus is that since he was court appointed Trump doesn’t have the power to replace him until the senate confirms someone.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The collective sound of lawyers breaking out the bourbon and pouring themselves three fingers can be heard on Mars.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Legal twitter consensus is that since he was court appointed Trump doesn’t have the power to replace him until the senate confirms someone.

OLC opinion is that Barr cannot fire him but Trump can. Since Trump will never be held accountable for obstruction of justice by this Senate, I think we know where this is headed.

Nadler is not amused and just invited Berman to testify at a previously-scheduled hearing on Wednesday.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
OLC opinion is that Barr cannot fire him but Trump can. Since Trump will never be held accountable for obstruction of justice by this Senate, I think we know where this is headed.

Nadler is not amused and just invited Berman to testify at a previously-scheduled hearing on Wednesday.

Yes, I just saw that dig up. Whatever he’s into is going to come out. Trumpology 101 is that the incredibly sloppy cover up inevitably reveals the crime.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Take nothing for granted. Ever. I thought at one time reasonable people wouldn't vote for a clearly apparent racist conman. Here we are - and that core will vote for him or any that pick up that banner and carry it.
Yeah, Republicans at state level will rig it however many points they need by shutting down voting sites in Democrat areas, with the blessing of our crooked Supreme Court.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Attorney (Berman) says he not resigning per latest on Brian Williams.
Yep, gave barr the big fuck you.
Says he was picked by federal judges and not the orange menace, so he said he can stay until another nomination is confirmed.

Reactions: Muse

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I see that the orange menace purportedly fired him.
Since he didn't hire him or nominate him, can he still fire him?

"Trump failed to nominate him or any other permanent replacement and, after 120 days, the district court appointed Berman to the job.
By law, Berman serves until the vacancy is filled.

"