Freshman year of college is over....what have we learned?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
I want to see pics of the tree jump:D

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
We have learned to rejoice when summer comes, many of the college crowd return home to shared phone lines and pokey 56k dialup and can't post as much, which in some cases is a good thing :D

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
Nobody looses when u play caps
Korean girls get crazy when they're drunk
Classes are teh suck
There are 6 ppl out of the 25 in my Comp Sci class who get 100% on every test thereby fusking up the curve
Your roomate is a f*g who tried to copy your CS HW (copied it right off my comp) and u procede to kick his ass
Having a single room next qtr is SOOOO much bttr

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I learned that there is a very high percentage of attractive females on campus. Especially if it's a southern school. :)

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I've learned that I hate all you drunk fukcs, so I'm getting an apartment (move in next week) and I never have to live on campus with you losers again!

damn I hate most of the people in these dorms. Leave trash all over the place, pour cup-o-noodles in the bathroom sinks, yell obscenities at each other at 1AM,etc....

Darien

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2002
few things i learned in college...:

If you're an engineering major, you won't see (many) fine chicks
There is always a handfull of bastards that'll ruin the curve for everyone else
College is not as fun as most people make it out to be if you're an architect/engineering/natural science major (fun decreases in that order...)
There are always morons wherever you go
People always pee on the damned toilet seats
Alcohol is readily available
Some professors m4j0rly sux0rs
Some of the text books sux0rs
Macs are everyone
Having no car sux0rs especially in college

maybe i'll write more later...

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
I've leanred:

__I don't want to do programming for the rest of my life (switched major from CS to Philosophy)
__Just as in high school, girls still aren't interested in me.:(
__Getting slammed so much that you puke for an hour is fairly stupid. ;)
__Continueing from the last point, it is a great thing to have good enough friends that will stay with you for that hour to make sure you are ok, and would even get you to the hospital if needed though that would risk them getting an MIP for themselves :)
__Like that saying goes.... "Procrastination is like masturbation. It's fun untill you realize that you are only fvcking yourself."
__College cafeteria food, while not as bad as high school, still sucks the big one.