Freshman year of college is over....what have we learned?

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
I'm packing up my stuff before I leave for home tomorrow, and I realized that 1/4th of the supposed best 4 years of my life is over. Was it worth it? I've learned a lot about my feild...but do I still want to do this? Who knows. I enjoy doing it, and thats what counts for now.

I've learned that hard work pays off, and procrastination keeps f*cking me over.
I've learned my limit in terms of alcohol consumption
I've learned that even in a school full of nerds, there's some incredibly cool people
I've learned to not leave half empty soda cans around the room, because you WILL find a way to spill them
I've learned that you leave school with half the boxes you arrived with, because you don't give a crap about boxing every single thing now.
I've learned to hate Rochester

I'm sure there's more, but my heads kind of spinning now.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
hate Rochester??? where you go to school?

Anyway things ive learned after my second year
Procrastination is king. i can never do anything unless its due the next day
I can out drink almost anyone on my campus
Being a physics major i know more pointless things then anyone else.
The dust in the dorms is ridiculous need to make sure to clean it out of the comp every 2 weeks
The IT gut is a moron and i know more then he dose
Don?t bother cleaning things cause there gonna get trashed in 10 min anyway
And ts actually possible to jump out of an 80 foot tree into 8 feet of water and NOT die

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
thats cool.

After all my education so far (going to University in September) I have learnt:

jerks are jerks but some will change,
people who don't back you up in a situation are chicken sh!t and are not your friends and are not worth the time or day you give them,
don't give a sh!t what anyone else says, you can do anything and make yourself look good if you have confidence:D
work hard and you get what you want and you deserve most of the time,

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000

And ts actually possible to jump out of an 80 foot tree into 8 feet of water and NOT die

sweet:D

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
hate Rochester??? where you go to school?

RIT

I've also learned that even though I love my family...I can't stand to be in the same house with them for a day. Now i have to spend 3 months with them.

dude

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: yobarman
I've learned my limit in terms of alcohol consumption.

You obviously didn't learn this cuz you can still remember it. You can take a few more! :D

I learned a few times that I cannot do binge drinking at all as it chokes me and makes beer shoot out of my nose!

AznMaverick

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2001
...even tho there are a lotta hot chicks at your school doesn't mean that you'll get one...(i go to University of Hawaii).

Nah, but i learned that i should start studying from the beginning so i wouldn't be forced to learn the WHOLE COURSE in 1 week, (the week before finals). I also learned huge curves can be a life saver, as far as grades go.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
i learned that no matter how smart you think you are... there are other people ten times smarter than you.

Kilban

Banned
May 5, 2002
i learned that no matter how smart you think you are... there are other people ten times smarter than you.

LOL..........well after coming to this conclusion, I think your a genious.

:p

udonoogen

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: freesia39

shoot. too true. =) im in the midst of finals ... bah

in college ive learned that red bull doesn't taste that bad

Dec 28, 2001
Okay, I'm serious when I post this - meaning, I mean you no offense . . ..:D

The biggest thing you'll learn as soon as you return for your sophomore year is that freshmen undergrads are the cockiest bastards on the face of this planet . . . you'll see.:)

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
wow, drinking and procrastination pretty much sums it all up

I unfortunately did not have the experience like this because I am going to a community college although I have spent a couple of weekends at the University where I'm pretty sure I will be attending.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
RIT...well, what can I say about this school. It's cold, and most of the people here are dorky bastards. This campus is too self-suficient, you can pretty much find anything here so you don't have to leave, which eliminates a lot of socializing. But being an animation major I met some amazing people, so it wasn't bad at all. There's not much of a social life on campus which sucks. So you gotta look around and meet people and you'll be fine.

Sophmore year, here I come!

imported_vr6

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2001
How come no one learned to use protection??

Protection against theives that steal from your room if u leave your door open.. ;)

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
I'm a senior... but I've yet to learn something...:)

oh yeah... I remember something.....

f*ck stanfurd!! :D

ChefJoe

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
You'll have even more fun in 3-4 more years when you look back at how easy freshman year was in comparison and what a moron you could be. Oh, and you'll realize that freshmen girls are too young and wide-eyed/inexperienced to be attractive.

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
You've learned how to learn. That is what college does. If you can get through college, you can learn anything.

Plus the things you said. Unless you're really hard up, you almost ALWAYS hate the town your college is in. I personally also hate the state, as well as he majority of the people. It is Indiana, and I feel sorry for it. LOL

BTW: Ep2 blows. ;)

lawaris

Banned
Jun 26, 2001
Originally posted by: GermyBoy
You've learned how to learn. That is what college does. If you can get through college, you can learn anything.

Plus the things you said. Unless you're really hard up, you almost ALWAYS hate the town your college is in. I personally also hate the state, as well as he majority of the people. It is Indiana, and I feel sorry for it. LOL

BTW: Ep2 blows. ;)

with so much to hate .... did u ever find time to love ?