Freezing in game occasionally. Usually happens when I hit opponents or when they hit me

alrightman

Jun 28, 2017
So I built a new pc i7 6700 Not overclocked. So in game, the pc hangs. Initially, the hang that occurs is mid game and there is a constant buzzing sound, I can not move or restart the computer but only choice is to press the power button After a few hangs, I decided to ask for tech support in blizzard. They suggested that I use a sound card. Now, using a sound card, the hanging still continues but the sound (something high pitched like wheels rotating on asphalt (eeek) )is only for a split second. Followed by no sound what can I do?

It has crashed on the following games: CS GO Overwatch PUBG

SO FAR I'VE TRIED: Updating video card drivers DDU to remove and Install vid card INPLACE UPGRADE FOR WINDOWS 10 MAKE GPU POWER 100%

PS I ran both cpu and gpu on a combined stress test During prime 95, my cpu hit max 80C but after that stayed below 75C. As for gpu it didnt go above 65C (furmark test).

Also, I just noticed my mobo's max is 2133mhz but my ram is 2400mhz

Full specs: CPU - i7 6700 GPU - GTX 1070 asus strix RAM - 2x 8gb corsair vengeance lpx 2400mhz PSU - Corsair 750W gold rated MOBO - Asus Pro Gaming Aura B150 HDD - WD10EZEX 1 TB Western Digital SSD - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 250gb

Thanks in advance guys

alrightman

Jun 28, 2017
Im using through mobo I believe. I just plug my earphone to the 3.5mm jack in the cpu case. Or do you mean drivers? I tried uninstalling realtek audio drivers to just run nvidia but it wont work i think

Last edited:

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
Try disabling sound entirely. Let's rule out whether it is sound related or not.

Open up the device manager on your computer. Expand the sound devices tree, and right click on everything you see there, and click Disable. Don't worry, you can enable them again, its not permanent.

The point is just to see whether crashes still occur with sound disabled entirely. If they do still occur, then we know it is not your sound card.

oynaz

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
That sounds like defective hardware. RAM, mobo, video card in descending order of probability. I give et a 80% chance of being defective RAM, so test that first.