Freeware raw data recovery?

Goatanizer6

Jun 5, 2017
Hello,

So I have this Seagate 3TB Backup plus drive which has gone corrupt because I accidentally disconnected the usb cable while I was copying files over it. Computer management shows the data on it as "raw"
I made a thread on here some time ago concerning this..

However, instead of trying to repair the partitions on it, it seems to me like using software to recover the few files I need would be less complicated and headache inducing!

I was wondering if there is ANY freeware out there that could help me recover them? Easeus recovery, Mini tool power data recovery and most common softwares all have a 1gb or similar limit to the data you can recover with trial versions and what I need to recover is much bigger. The trial versions scans showed me that the files I was looking for are still existing..

I do have a full version of Stellar phoenix recovery but it's crashing everytime I try to run a scan, it comes up with a C++ runtime error.

I heard cloning the whole disk would be a solution. I tried Clonezilla but the program wanted to mess with the partitions because of a MBR - GPT mismatch or something and I'm not sure I want to risk that.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Goatanizer6

Jun 5, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a try. It says that the pro version is more suited to raw file system recovery though. Anyways, I'll see how well it performs.

Might just be obligated to buy Easeus or Minitool powerdata recovery though. For those experimented with those programs, should I get one over the other?

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
I'd use ddrescue to clone the drive, then testdisk on the cloned drive.