Free Shoplifting? What?

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
There is a store in The Tri Cities, Washington where if someone shoplifts something, the employees can do nothing about it. I guess its for safety or something. Anyone know of any of these stores. I dont remembe the one of mine. Anyone from the cities know if this store?

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000

<< There is a store in The Tri Cities, Washington where if someone shoplifts something, the employees can do nothing about it. I guess its for safety or something. Anyone know of any of these stores. I dont remembe the one of mine. Anyone from the cities know if this store? >>

Yeah, I'm not planning on stealing...I just want to test it...right?

:p

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
Thats what my friend said. &quot;Lets go see if they let us steal the register.&quot;
WTF
LMAO you think he could get away with that?!

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
uhhh... its what ever retail person is told to do. Let the shoplifter go, its not worth your life to stop someone from stealing $12 in socks.

bigbootydaddy

Banned
Sep 14, 2000
when i used to work at sears, they told us never to touch anyone even if they reach into the register and take money while under a spotlight with cowbells everywhere.

but when someone actually came up to the register and filled a bag with money, and ran out the store, about 9 of us in sears hardware red shirts started hauling ass and ran the guy down. (it was badass, cept for that one guy in package pickup who couldnt run after like 10 sec cuz he is a wuss)

Loss prevention just said &quot;thanks&quot;.

Keribeth

Mar 28, 2001
Several large chain stores have this policy. I worked in the same plaza as one that wouldnt even allow their employees to call mall security. You could literally walk into the store, pick up a shirt, run a couple laps around the sales person and out the door and no one would do anything.

chechi

Banned
May 13, 2001
you will find that this is the case at most retail store. Even big shopping centers now, the security will not do anything except call the cops if they know for a fact that the person has stolen. Even at best buy for example, they cannot phsyicaly touch you once your out that door. You can sue them if they try to stop you and you really dont have anything. I also work at a large retail store and its the same way there.

Ipno

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2001
I heard a story about a guy who worked for CompUSA who got fired for tackling a guy trying to steal a laptop.

May have been an urban myth though, can't remember my source.

Shmorq

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000

<< Even at best buy for example, they cannot phsyicaly touch you once your out that door. >>

That seems to make sense. Until you actually leave, it doesn't mean that you're shoplifting.

Scabilian

Jan 16, 2001
in Missouri your allowed to kill shoplifters. The shoplifter must be attacked with a standard garden hoe..... seriously though all they could do at the local mall is have the RENT-a-Cops call the real Cops and have them try and nab the theiving hoser. if they coppers caught the kid with or without the merch they had to prove he stole it with security cams. if the cams didn't prove he stole it then he didn't. pretty lame if you ask me. i say shoplifters should be stuffed in a barrell and rolled into traffic. :D

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I buy a lot of DVDs...and the dumb clerks never demagnitize the security thing..so every time i walk out the alarm goes off...I don't even stop...i just keep going. No one gives a sh*t if I'm trying to steal something.