Free Sample of Memory Wire

Mje

Jun 25, 2001
Real memory wire is just a toy really, you can bend it all up, then heat it and it becomes straight.

This looks like regular wire... I think they call it memory wire because it stays in the position you can bend it too, lol.

A piece of wire for advertisement email.... hrmm.

Souka

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2000
yeah, this is just "plain" wire...memory meaning keeps shape.

"Just enter our Mailing List and you'll receive your free sample (plain wire) within 4-12 days.

The sample is 1 (one) individual wire, approx. 16 inches long, to create 1 choker.
"

Click on some of the links....beaded jewelery....

Devistater

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2001
I think in this case its called memory wire for a memory bracelet or something, its just regular wire, albeit pretty stiff.

Shagger

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2001
"Real" memory wire is TOTALLY cool. Screw around with it all you like, drop it in boiling water! Doink - back to its origianl shape. What's best is when the original shape is a star or square - you straighten it out then heat it up! Back to a Star!

Man, I am bored - when does Star Wars come out???

zetes

Jul 2, 2001
Thanks man! Don't know what I'll do with it, but it may occupy some time here at work. :p

Devistater

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2001

<< Man, I am bored - when does Star Wars come out??? >>

Dude what cave you live in? :) Go watch the 4 trailers out now and you can find out the date :)

Devistater

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2001

<< cool jokersmoker... I am a grad student in materials sc... can show this to my students...:) >>

As mentioned SEVERAL times in the rest of the thread, this is NOT the real memory wire that snaps back once heated. Be careful, the joke might be on you if you tried this out in class :)