Free Rebate Tracking Software

morkinva

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
I saw this on a green colored deals site. No not that one, the other one.

The URL is: http://www.rebate-rebate.com/rebate/download/index.htm

Supposedly this used to be shareware, but is now freeware. I've installed it, but haven't entered anything yet. It looks very comprehensive.

Hey Look! Everytime you refresh this page, the 'Visited' field goes up -- Let's break the pagecounter!

CUjigga

Jun 5, 2000
or you can write that info on a text file on your computer and use a calculator to add up, "how much money you've saved"

pyr

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
IBhacknU: Is there some palm software that does such a thing? if so have you tried it?

pyr

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
well i just looked at this software... 5.8mb? WTF? Talk about bloatware! Why does everyone feel the need to make thier software packages take up so much space? I mean damn I have 40gigs I can use but why not try slimming the code down a bit? the more cpu cycles you have the more programmers will try to waste, and the same with disk space. (being a programmer myself I always try to make my programs efficient even when it might be more difficult because I enjoy a streamlined program)

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
pyr...

I do not have such a program for my palm.

I store url's, passwords, usernames and such in the address book.

As was also suggested, a text file is all your really need. I suppose something that tracked it better would be nice, but you don't need 6MB to do that.

Come to think of it, I put reminders on the Palm's calender to remind me when I should be getting rebates and such.

All in all, my Palm V can do pretty much anything when it comes to data.

Tangman

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2000
Not a bad idea...I almost never remember how much my rebate checks are supposed to be...

Hey, free is free.

djjazz

Mar 3, 2000
Hey pyr, do you write a lot of asm? Free after rebates isn't really a true freebie. It's a delayed freebie, but the quicker the company is in returning the rebate the quicker the product approaches freebieness.

I just use a text file that contains rebate amount expected refund date, and the number to call and hassle for the refund.

Bob61

May 1, 2000
Too much work for me ;)

I always scan all my rebate docs into my PC. I have a record of the rebate submission if I need to resend due to lost docs. Also has date I scanned it which is good indicator of the date I mailed in the rebate (same or next day).

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Just to let you guys know, you can do some pretty nifty things with an Excel spreadsheet...... :p

Capster

Jan 31, 2000
Here's a better hot deal for someone with the time, know-how, and energy. Provide these functions as a web based service. It can't be too difficult to do and I can honestly say that I would use that before I would a local application. Email reminders would be perfect for reminding you to either update your account on whether a particular rebate has arrived or to make some phone calls.

Of course, perhaps someone has already done this. If so, post the url. I'd like to check it out.