FREE Pichosting offered by Neffing.com

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
bootymac - Sorry I just don't want to risk being in violation of my web host's TOS and AUP.

dwell - It's good quality bandwidth from www.theplanet.com but it ain't cheap, I am getting a good deal though :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: dwell
Originally posted by: RossMAN

dwell - It's good quality bandwidth from www.theplanet.com but it ain't cheap, I am getting a good deal though :)
I may need to get my site onto a new server soon. How much would they charge for 20GB/m?

I have converted about five dozen AT'ers so far to dathorn.com

$0 setup fee
$13.50 per month gives you 2GB webspace, 30GB/m bandwidth

WHM, unlimited domain hosting with cPanel, IMAP/POP3, SSH shell access, PHP, Perl, MySQL, etc. the list goes on and on.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Can you turn on and off registration? Can you specify on a USER level the amount of space and bandwidth they get?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Can you turn on and off registration? Can you specify on a USER level the amount of space and bandwidth they get?

Yes you can turn registration on and off, you can manually approve pics and set the pic dimensions/size. Bandwidth is one thing you cannot control.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Used only 671MB bandwidth between July 17 - 31 that's a drop in the bucket.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Hey Rossman, do you allow people to link to photos posted on Neffing.com? My little sister wants to upload photos for her Xanga and as of now, the only webspace I own is for my fraternity and another for something else that will expire soon. Just wondering... thanks.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Used only 671MB bandwidth between July 17 - 31 that's a drop in the bucket.

Heh, I've used 300mb so far this month.... but it's before noon on the 1st. I used 4.2GB of bandwidth last week.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: dcdomain
Hey Rossman, do you allow people to link to photos posted on Neffing.com? My little sister wants to upload photos for her Xanga and as of now, the only webspace I own is for my fraternity and another for something else that will expire soon. Just wondering... thanks.

Yep that's fine, tell her to go ahead :)

Even better if she buys a domain from NameCheap.com I'll provide her with free web hosting/email for a small personal site. After the domain is registered just PM me and I'll get it setup, should be working and propogated by tomorrow morning :)