Free NOX (On the house)

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Sweet. It kind of looks like a Baldurs Gate clone (sounds like it too).

Thanks OP!

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
More Diablo Knock off then Baldurs gate, it was a VERY good game in its day, lost in the shuffle a bit. For anybody with Origin I would recommend for free for sure. Just understand it was made many a moon ago so the graphics are quite dated.

Aug 29, 2015
I remember playing this when it first game out, it was amazing! I can't remember the single player but multiplayer was like the grandfather of MOBA's. You basically all run around a dungeon as wizards, every man for himself deathmatch, and you blast each other with really great spells and set fiendish traps, summon minions etc. It was amazing.

quakeworld

Aug 5, 2009
thanks for posting this. will download this after work. already got bf3, nfs, jade empire and other free stuff off origin!

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
BTW, they also offer Battlefield Hardline Getaway for free, yes, this is DLC, and yes, you can't play it until you get the original game, however, you can still add it and "buy" it.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
i really liked the multiplayer back when it came out, a lot of fun

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Nox was pretty awesome, it's kind of like Diablo but you control your guy a bit differently. The MP was really fun and the single player was worth a play through, I'm not sure if there are modern patches for it but the last time I played it I stopped because it zooms out the more you raise the resolution.

JPS35

Apr 9, 2006
This is a great game and some pretty good humor to boot. Although it has nothing to do with the Evil Dead series, it always kind of reminded me of playing Bruce Campbell as Ash in Army of Darkness. And the weapon at the end...OVERPOWER!

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I didn't think there was a Diablo clone that I had missed, will give this a try.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
Anyone know if the multiplayer will be working and if there are any players?

There are workarounds to getting multiplayer running but having not tried them (LAN is all I need) the usual caveat of YMMV applies. Population will be low to non-existent online of course but could be useful for friends.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Silly question but I don't use Origin. I assume I'll have to use Origin to play this, right? I still have the physical copy of NOX in storage tucked away and it would be nice to pick this up again every now and then.

Aug 29, 2015
Yeah you have to download it via Origin and then play it through that too. It is free though so you could get it just for this game if you wanted.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Origin still struggling to pull in users I see. They need to take a leaf out of GoGs book.

Why the Origin hate?
Makes no sense, their client is just as good as steam (though, doesn't have all of steam's features) and is better than uplay.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Why the Origin hate?
Makes no sense, their client is just as good as steam (though, doesn't have all of steam's features) and is better than uplay.

'cause parrots are going to parrot

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
Why the Origin hate?

How is that "origin hate"? They're giving away free games which we all know is lost potential revenue for them and what they get back for that is trying to hook people into their service, because otherwise these people wouldn't use it. That is fairly obvious.

I don't hate origin I just think it's laughable that EA say such stupid things as they're never going to sell games cheap or give them away on Origin because they don't want to devalue them, blah blah, and then years later they're giving games away. They're so foolish and misguided and fundamentally disconnected with modern gamers.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Not first give away. EA support is great esp compare to steam but corporate behavior suspect. If they went under would they unlock games or shutdown serves?