Free Multiplayer F.E.A.R. Coming in 8 days

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Maybe they want to follow in the footsteps of RTCW:ET. :p

:thumbsup: for Sierra if it's really free.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Yep sounds like what they did with ET.

If you look at the Gamespy stats, FEAR is very low on the list with few players. Many older games (that arent even that good IMO) have much more players/servers. I think RTCW was sorta like that. Good game, but wasnt really a hit, so they released free multiplayer and it became a very popular and respected game, even today.

So I'm pretty pumped they are doing that. I had decent fun with the MP demo, but FEAR as a whole just didnt do it for me to buy.

BUT... they have better gotten rid of cheating!! There was a cheater in almost every game in the MP demo. This one.. it was like me and 5-6 teammates vs ONE cheater. The cheating guy moved like 20x faster, jumped way higher, everything. I dunno wth was with that. You would catch a glimpse of him and turn to aim then you'd be dead. He could take out our whole team in a room without getting hit once.

CalvinHobbes

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2004
Great idea. I'd love to see more companies doing this. I would be fine if they limited the number of maps and then maybe charged a small fee for the use of those extra/new maps.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Sniper82
I never got to try multiplayer Fear so I am looking forward to it aswell.

were too many cheaters when i played so i never got into it.
i wish someone could come up with a way to totally prevent any cheating in these games. its so frustrating.

CrystalBay

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2002
I've been playin patch 1.07 very nice . I'll see you at ToS high speed modded servers for the most intense fun....

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
interesting. and yea i guess their servers were near empty or something. it was mostly a good single player game anyways. guess this is worth a try. free is awesome