Free major Borderlands 2 DLC until July 8th

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-06-09-free-now-commander-lilith-dlc/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/...e_Fight_for_Sanctuary/?curator_clanid=4067475

Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary will be available for free to all owners of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection until July 8 at 06:59:59 UTC (11:59:59 PDT). Requires Borderlands 2 or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection to play.
This all-new adventure not only sets the stage for Borderlands 3 but also introduces some exciting new features along the way. We’re talking new areas to explore, new enemies and bosses to battle, a new level cap to hit, new aesthetic options for your Vault Hunters and vehicles, two new endgame OP levels, and a new better-than-Legendary Effervescent tier of weapons and equipment to loot. And it’s free until July 8!

I decided to make a thread about this instead of cramming it into the Borderland 3 topic since I'm probably not the only one avoiding that topic to steer clear of any hype (since I plan on buying it next year on Steam instead of this September). Buying it next year also helps with the fact that Cyberpunk releases during the same month, so that'll give CDPR plenty of time to patch the game, maybe add some DLC, and discount it before I'm done with BL3.

Reactions: aigomorla

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
awesome, thanks! was wondering if they would charge for DLC on a ~7 year old game or not, lol.

PajamaParty

Mar 22, 2019
Making a DLC free for a month with a chance to buy the Handsome collection for 6 € was a pretty good way to introduce people to the franchise before BL 3. I've heard many people saying they are interested in BL 3, but haven't played the previous games so this was pretty much made for them.

Also, won't be touching the DLC for a few weeks probably, but I'm pretty excited to start the game again.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I loaded it up last night and, one thing I noticed...my main is UVHM/OP 8, and it's set at OP ~3 I think, but when I started the new DLC, it kept saying normal mode....I forget how to make sure everything starts properly from the title screen. Guess I will have to figure that out, or maybe this DLC is only Normal mode because they don't want people struggling?

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
I started playing it yesterday (single player) and already have gotten a Effervescent SMG. Seems fun so far. I think they have done something different with the leveling of enemies and quests, it seems to have tailored itself to the level 37 character I started with.

-KeithP

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I started playing it yesterday (single player) and already have gotten a Effervescent SMG. Seems fun so far. I think they have done something different with the leveling of enemies and quests, it seems to have tailored itself to the level 37 character I started with.

-KeithP

Yes, I think this quest is meant for level 30 or something. I realized after a bit more time that the "normal" I was seeing for quests is how it always was--it's the quest level, based on my current character level. Has nothing to do with game mode (Normal, VHM, UVHM, OP). My playthrough is still in UVHM (slag is noticeably required), but my targets still melt because I have a lot of OP8 gear equipped. I'm level 72, but I think because of my gear level more than anything (it doesn't let me set OP levels--I think you have to complete a playthrough of each DLC to access OP levels?), it feels pretty weak. ....also looks like I am leveling again. Did they add yet more character levels? bah.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Seems all you need to do is attempt to download it and it saves on your steam account