Free Ipod...question.

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
How come all the idiots that come in and post ipod referrals have similar posting styles?

They all start out with "I doubted it at first but I read it on so and so and I can assure you it's real". Is there some template at freeipod.com that they follow?

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
I'll probably get lambasted with claims that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I think it's the same person. Not only are the posts very similar, but they all choose the black guy with shades avater. My guess is it's Xiety (anyone seen him lately? Good riddance if not). He argued extensively that there was nothing wrong with the scam and that it should be allowed here.

faenix

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Gurck
I'll probably get lambasted with claims that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I think it's the same person. Not only are the posts very similar, but they all choose the black guy with shades avater. My guess is it's Xiety (anyone seen him lately? Good riddance if not). He argued extensively that there was nothing wrong with the scam and that it should be allowed here.

Even if its not, if you just outrightly gave a link asking someone to spend their time and resources on the ipod thing, no one would do it. They don't want to spend time typing up something long so its human nature to go "It seems fake but its not! Its real, it's not a scam!" as to disprove our doubts with those two phrases.

Dolts. :disgust:

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Originally posted by: faenix
Originally posted by: Gurck

Even if its not, if you just outrightly gave a link asking someone to spend their time and resources on the ipod thing, no one would do it. They don't want to spend time typing up something long so its human nature to go "It seems fake but its not! Its real, it's not a scam!" as to disprove our doubts with those two phrases.

Dolts. :disgust:

Supply and demand go hand in hand (I'm a poet and I don't know it :Q). If nobody went forward with the referral links spammers post here, the spammers wouldn't do it. Apparently for every 500 of us going "jeez, not again", there's one kid going "omgz teh fre ipod!!!!11oneone!1!11uno!!111exclamationpointexclamationpoint" who will fall for it. Same deal with spam email. Remember the thread on that guy who got 9 years for it somewhere in GA or the Carolinas? Said something like 1 in 30,000 of his spam emails made him money - and yet he had around 25 million under his belt. Stupid people are a profitable industry, apparently. I don't much care what people do when it doesn't affect me, but as a poster here free ipod spam does.

Smolek

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Because it's somewhat true. You all know the common if it's too good to be true, it probably is crap, but Gratis does deliver. I've personally got thousands of dollars worth of stuff from them and it's only taken about an hour or two worth or time, and about $200 WITH NO FURTHER commitments.