Free host without banners/popups

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm looking for something like Crosswinds.net, but something more stable. Crosswinds always seems to be down and you can never get on their FTP. Any suggestions? Space doesn't have to be unlimited...but 10megs+ would be preferrable. It's just for a personal site.

thanks.

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
How about one that does free domain hosting? Any good ones out there?

BigKev

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2000
No problem .. as well, you can get a free domain name at DomainZero. Unlike Namezero...this displays NO ads and redirects to your site. The only catch is that you have to sign up for junkmail offers. That's simple...just send them to a hotmail account.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
DomainZero looks cool, but you have to enter your CC number...not cool. I don't have a CC :(

the freedom2surf looks pretty good but I have to wait for a day before I can try it out. Anyone else have any?

bigjon

Mar 24, 2000
I dug up the features of each site listed so far and here are the results:

Stash Network - unlimited space & bandwidth/no banners/any non-copyrighted files accepted although non-html loads with advertisement (including images!?!)/no FTP access

Freedom To Surf - 20mb space/located in U.K. I think/NO mp3, exe, zip, etc (only webpages)

Bootbox - 10mb space/FTP access/appears you have to register domain to get free space?! Correct me if I'm wrong.

RedRival - Not currently taking new signups :(

Datablocks - Can't get to it right now

NBCI - unlimited space/Files over 200kb not allowed/FTP ok/no MP3 (except through "Media Storehouse")/requires placement of ad banners :(

Hope this helps a little ;) Sorry if it doesn't have what you're looking for - I was just looking for a place I can move my site - I need about 200mb or so w/o banners and allows mp3s (yes, they're legal).

Any ideas?

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
yeah I went with F2S. Don't need to store anything but images and HTML on my site anyway.