free digital photography mag subscription

MiataPaul

Mar 20, 2003
funny thing is I signed up for this like a year ago, never got an issue. Went to the link and then it did not offere it to me, I already had an account so perhaps it saw that I signed for it already? Signed up for another network magazine while I was there.

wjones

Platinum Member
Feb 17, 2000
To reserve your one-year subscription to Digital Photography ? a Planned Publication ? and to find out what other FREE magazines you could receive, simply complete the forms below.
That's why you never got an issue, it is not out yet OR will never out.

jimmyjam

Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: wjones
To reserve your one-year subscription to Digital Photography ? a Planned Publication ? and to find out what other FREE magazines you could receive, simply complete the forms below.

it is out, i saw it at the book store last night.

sat4fun

May 29, 2002
Originally posted by: jimmyjam

The key word is COULD. Signing up for it does not mean that you will receive. I have filled out many of these things, and to date I receive less than 50% of the mags that I signed up for.

WebDude

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: sat4fun
The key word is COULD. Signing up for it does not mean that you will receive. I have filled out many of these things, and to date I receive less than 50% of the mags that I signed up for.
Like the man said, it is so: "Thank you for using freebizmag.com. Your questionnaire responses have been forwarded for publisher approval. The publisher reserves the right to accept or reject all trade subscriptions. Qualification is not determined by freebizmag.com."

In other words, a big YMMV, but at least you don't loose anything if you try.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: sat4fun
Originally posted by: jimmyjam

News of the Obvious: This is a marketing company. They ask you a bunch of information and send it to the publishers of the magazines. The publishers determine whether or not to send you free subscriptions.

If you bought $2M worth of digital cameras each year the publisher would probably want to send you a free copy. If you're a freeloading 17 year old ATOT geek, the publisher doesn't want to waste his money ont you.

weepul

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2000
www.hd-trailers.net
does anyone know what combination of industry, jub function, job title will work? i've tried many combos but to no avail. thanks in advance!

//krunk (^_^x)

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
I just got an email...

<<
You recently signed up to reserve a subscription to Digital Photography magazine - a Planned Publication -- at freebizmag.com.

We regret to inform you that the publisher of Digital Photography magazine will not be launching this magazine due to insufficient subscriber or advertiser interest. However, as promised, we have arranged for you to receive a free gift of Internet Cleanup 3.0 software ? a $29.99 value!

Internet Cleanup 3.0 protects your Internet privacy by erasing your Internet data trail and permanently removing tracking devices left on your computer by websites you have visited. People can spy on you by installing tracking devices, and by viewing your "Recent Files" list, instant messenger logs, emails, and more! As you surf the Internet, your browser stores the contents of the web pages you visited on your hard drive.
>>

I wanted those digital photography magazines!

zippin44

Mar 13, 2001
I got the same "Sorry we decided no to print the magazine, but how about buying some crappy software from us" e-mail yesterday too!

Can you say SCAM?