Free cyberlink software for survey (powerdirector / power producer)

Zeeeter

Jun 3, 2001
Follow this link, depending on your answer you will get a full retail version of either of Powerdirector or Powerproducer.

Linkified

Enjoy - Zeeeter

Zeeeter

Jun 3, 2001
I've tried a few of the offerings - I must admit that the pinnacle v8 is the least failure-prone software in the lower end of the market. I like the ease of use of the MS windows movie-maker but reliability really is very poor. I tried the powerdirector for a while (it came with one of the card I bought) but again I was having reliability problems.

YMMV in terms of whether your system will remain reliable whilst editing - I have a fairly good spec - AMD XP2600, 1GB DDR 400 ram, 200GB WD caviar 8mb cache, ATI 9700 AIW - but I still could not get movie maker to run reliably (fails almost every time you try to edit any kind of video larger than 1 MB!)

Best suggestion - try it and see - my opinion is that the results you will get will vary so much depending on your system spec. . . . .

eugovector

Oct 26, 2000
We may be discussing apples and oranges here, but Adobe Premiere has never treated me wrong. Yes it's a little more money, but my specs are meager compared to the one's previously mentioned (check out my rig), and I have never had a problem w/ it. If you are willing to spend the extra money and overcome the learning curve, it is worth it.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Thanks!

I'm at work and it tried to force me to download it now, but I'm hopinh I can go home and find the registration info email contains a link to download it later.

clarkmo

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by: gof
Did anyone notice the actual download link? Pretty shady if you ask me!

(note, I am NOT linkifying this on purpose)
http://www.buylowtravel.com.tw/go.j...d1.gocyberlink.com/ftpdload/PP1.0_VE(E&C).exe

Hmm, getting both survey results, AND sending your info to a spammer by chance? Possible Opt-in scam?
Possible. The director pro is version 1.1 and they are up to 2.5 and the producer is a "ve" version so maybe thay just got it for pennies and the cdkeys will work. I wonder if they will work for other versions?

Zeeeter

Jun 3, 2001
Sorry if this turns out bad guys - I posted in good faith following an email I received to the same address that I used to register some other software.

Hopefully you only used a "disposable" email address so nothing lost. Plus you did get an older version of the software for free . . . wonder if there are any free upgrades around ;)

Zeeeter

dlaw

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2001
Wait....when I am downloading the files, it says that it is downloading from gocyberlink.com....

dlaw

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2001
OK, the Producer is old, but the Director is uptodate...and I think it is legitimate. Thanx for the link. :)