Free copy of Adobe CS2 on Adobe website

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Special thanks to my coworker for finding this
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

You can download it and install it, but it is only technically legal for people who own a valid CS2 license or a license to one of the linked applications.

Essentially, what happened is that Adobe turned off the activation servers for CS2 and the linked applications. As a result, they had to provide existing owners of the software with versions that don't require the activation server (which is what these are).

Will Adobe come after you? No, not likely - the software is pretty old. But it still isn't legal to use the linked software unless you are a licensed owner of CS2.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Ok so they provide download links to the entire software suite, they give you the serial numbers, they deactivated the registration servers, and yet you're NOT supposed to install these unless you gave them thousands of dollars? I'm pretty sure the people at Adobe are not that retarded.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Ok so they provide download links to the entire software suite, they give you the serial numbers, they deactivated the registration servers, and yet you're NOT supposed to install these unless you gave them thousands of dollars? I'm pretty sure the people at Adobe are not that retarded.

Like I said, it isn't legal, but it isn't likely Adobe will go after anyone over old software.

And, I don't know. Adobe has done some pretty retarded things over the years. . . .

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Is this even worth anything, or is it so old it isn't relevant? I've never used, nor will I ever use Adobe creation products.

PhoenixEnigma

Aug 6, 2011
Is this even worth anything, or is it so old it isn't relevant? I've never used, nor will I ever use Adobe creation products.
There's a few features missing compared to newer versions (all the content-aware tools, for example, Camera Raw is way out of date, and there's no Lightroom), and it's a little dated in that there's no x64 support, or even x86 support for OS X, but otherwise it's still a fairly powerful suite. If the price is $0, Premier, Photoshop, and Acrobat are pretty compelling options, even 8 years out of date.