Free birth control cuts abortion rate dramatically, study finds

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Who's our?

Great, you've made up your mind. Congrats!

You say you don't want to deal with other people's brats, but what you're advocating is just that...

And you're not giving people money to screw! Back to that again?

When did I say that I want to deal with other peoples brats. Id like a quote please.

Lets see........
I earn money
The government steals it in the form of taxes
They use the stolen money to fund programs such as free BC
People take the free BC and fuck eachother with it

It isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
When did I say that I want to deal with other peoples brats. Id like a quote please.

Lets see........
I earn money
The government steals it in the form of taxes
They use the stolen money to fund programs such as free BC
People take the free BC and fuck eachother with it

It isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

You literally said that:
We dont want to deal with other peoples brats

Reducing unwanted pregnancies means less of your hard earned tax dollars being put towards OTHER PEOPLE'S BRATS...

You type something, I reply, and then you want a quote from your own last post...wtf is that o_O

Ah, so taxes are stealing now. Got it, I'm starting to see where you're coming from :rolleyes: If you don't like this country, then move along.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I am absolutely not arguing responsibility for this act. In the end, SOMEone will bear the responsibility.

You don't want people to be provided birth control, yet you don't want to pay for someone else's children. Make up your fucking mind!

You can't have it both ways here, people are gonna fuck, end of story. You don't have to, nobody's forcing you (that's called rape, btw), but other's will be doing, and are doing it right now.

I would rather spend taxes preventing unwanted pregnancies than fostering a child into adulthood at the expense of the tax payer.

And mandatory abortions for people who cannot afford children prevents being from having to pay either BC or children.

It also deals with the problem of the 20% of births who are to people who purposefully have children they cannot afford.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You literally said that:

Reducing unwanted pregnancies means less of your hard earned tax dollars being put towards OTHER PEOPLE'S BRATS...

You type something, I reply, and then you want a quote from your own last post...wtf is that o_O

Ah, so taxes are stealing now. Got it, I'm starting to see where you're coming from :rolleyes: If you don't like this country, then move along.

And mandatory abortions make sure that even less of my hard earned tax dollars going to supporting other people's brats.

If people act like animals (such as not spending the 20 cents to buy a condom) then they should be treated like animals.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And mandatory abortions make sure that even less of my hard earned tax dollars going to supporting other people's brats.

If people act like animals (such as not spending the 20 cents to buy a condom) then they should be treated like animals.

Good luck getting that passed. China's waiting for you.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And mandatory abortions for people who cannot afford children prevents being from having to pay either BC or children.

It also deals with the problem of the 20% of births who are to people who purposefully have children they cannot afford.

But we're still paying for an abortions. Like the last time we discussed (and you never answered this then)...What's the financial requirements you have in mind? When can we expect to see a return on this investment?

You expect people who cannot or will not pay for BC, can't afford to raise a child, to pay for their own child's abortion? And what then? If they can't pay put them in jail so the tax payer's can support them in a jail cell environment?

You see the world through black and white, but it's grey. You haven't, or won't, see the people who aren't just trying to get a bigger welfare check. You tie no emotion or feelings to anything, and are extremely judgmental towards people whom you have not an inkling of knowledge for their situation.

So please, explain the financial situation of someone who would be required to have an abortion under your proposed idea.

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Good luck getting that passed. China's waiting for you.

If people like you stop worshiping the right of people to screw you over maybe it will.

Your plan completely fails to account for the at least 20% of total births that happen to people who cannot afford to feed their child.

There is no right to screw other people over.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Like the last time we discussed (and you never answered this then)...What's the financial requirements you have in mind? When can we expect to see a return on this investment?

The government does means testing all the time to determine when to give benefits. It is not exactly a hard problem.

In fact if you are saying the government cannot come up with such requirements you are really saying that all your liberal social programs cannot be implemented and should be shut down.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The government does means testing all the time to determine when to give benefits. It is not exactly a hard problem.

In fact if you are saying the government cannot come up with such requirements you are really saying that all your liberal social programs cannot be implemented and should be shut down.

If it's not hard, then break it down for me. Please include statistics, finances, and some links supporting your stance would help.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If people like you stop worshiping the right of people to screw you over maybe it will.

Your plan completely fails to account for the at least 20% of total births that happen to people who cannot afford to feed their child.

There is no right to screw other people over.

What plan is mine exactly?

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
I am absolutely not arguing responsibility for this act. In the end, SOMEone will bear the responsibility.

You don't want people to be provided birth control, yet you don't want to pay for someone else's children. Make up your fucking mind!

You can't have it both ways here, people are gonna fuck, end of story. You don't have to, nobody's forcing you (that's called rape, btw), but other's will be doing, and are doing it right now.

I would rather spend taxes preventing unwanted pregnancies than fostering a child into adulthood at the expense of the tax payer.

This is a flat out liberal thinking. there are lots of privilages we regulate and people must wait until they are legally / mentally old(mature) enough to handle correctly.

Age restricted privilages

• Drinking/Tobacco
  • Voting
  • Driving / Piloting
  • Employment / join military
  • Legal Contracts
  • Mature audience Games/Movies
  • Hold public office
  • Hunting / fishing
  • Stay home alone overnight
Sex is no different.

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
This is a flat out liberal thinking. there are lots of privilages we regulate and people must wait until they are legally / mentally old(mature) enough to handle correctly.

• Drinking/Tobacco
  • Voting
  • Driving / Piloting
  • Legal Contracts
  • Hold public office

Sex is no different.

BS. Sex is a Biological imperative. It's the same as Eating, Drinking, and Breathing.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

• Drinking/Tobacco
  • Voting
  • Driving / Piloting
  • Legal Contracts
  • Hold public office

Sex is no different.

But it is different. Nothing but yourself is required. No drugs, cars, paperwork, etc...

I advocate legalizing prostitution between consenting adults.

I also advocate providing condoms for anyone who wants them, mostly because I don't want to pay for someone's else's kids, but understand that you cannot police the bedroom.

People aren't going to stop having sex. But we can help them avoid making another bad decision.

Call me liberal, whatever. I'm a registered independent who had very similar views as nehalem and kat...when I was young, hard headed, and lived a sheltered life.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
But it is different. Nothing but yourself is required. No drugs, cars, paperwork, etc...

I advocate legalizing prostitution between consenting adults.

I also advocate providing condoms for anyone who wants them, mostly because I don't want to pay for someone's else's kids, but understand that you cannot police the bedroom.

People aren't going to stop having sex. But we can help them avoid making another bad decision.

Call me liberal, whatever. I'm a registered independent who had very similar views as nehalem and kat...when I was young, hard headed, and lived a sheltered life.

You don't have to police the bedroom. You police the consequences of what people do in the bedroom.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
BS. Sex is a Biological imperative. It's the same as Eating, Drinking, and Breathing.

Sex is not a necessity. Not at all, and using the "without sex noone would be born" excuse to promote BIRTH CONTROL is just plain fucking stupid.