Free Bejeweled 2, today only, from Popcap

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I saw that. They also have the iphone app on sale for $1 (down from $3) until the 20th which made me bite. Mainly because it has facebook link too so a few friends and I all try to beat each other's scores each week.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
does this game work with Vista X64?

When I load it, it seems ok, but then it just brings up the desktop. I click it the tab and the game comes up for a second then goes back to the desktop. The game is still running, it just won't stay in the foreground so i can play it.

ok weird...i closed all other open programs - outlook and firefox - and it worked, but did kind of hang up for a few seconds when changing settings. I was able to get it to windowed mode and started playing then all of a sudden the game window went black.

Last edited:

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Try running it in compatibility mode?

just did and as admin, still get the same issue where the window just goes black.

found their support site and it said to make sure drivers are up to date or try compatibility mode with 640x480 resolution. that just made it worse, lol

Last edited:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Odd, must be a 64bit issue somewhere. Works as expected both fullscreen and windowed in 32bit windows 7.

StormSide

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Having a problem in W7 x64 have to turn off hardware acceleration to get it to
work right....

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Having a problem in W7 x64 have to turn off hardware acceleration to get it to
work right....

Turned off hardware acceleration in game? When I try to change settings it either goes black or won't let me click on anything.

Were you getting black screens too?

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
This game runs like crap. How can a ugly looking game with coloured shapes run so poorly on my wifes pc. Granted it runs integrated graphics but it's nvidia and has a modern dual core cpu. System requirements need a 700MHZ cpu and 256 ram

Lucky it was free.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
This game runs like crap. How can a ugly looking game with coloured shapes run so poorly on my wifes pc. Granted it runs integrated graphics but it's nvidia and has a modern dual core cpu. System requirements need a 700MHZ cpu and 256 ram

Lucky it was free.

sounds like other problems on your end, as it runs like a total champ here with a similar setup... low end dual core laptop with integrated GPU

but go ahead and keep blaming the game for something that may be a driver problem, or is pointing to some massive spyware issues on your machine

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
sounds like other problems on your end, as it runs like a total champ here with a similar setup... low end dual core laptop with integrated GPU

but go ahead and keep blaming the game for something that may be a driver problem, or is pointing to some massive spyware issues on your machine

No spyware and latest driver. I'll keep blaming the game, thanks.

Last edited:

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
installed and works fine on my vista 64 laptop. must be a issues with my ati cards as my laptop has nvidia.