Free app to fix nvidia display toggle in Win7?

RobsTV

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2000
Have been using ATi in HTPC's for years, with no issues.

Hot deals here had me purchase a few nvidia 8600 GT's for $15 each at Newegg.
For the money, great cards.
But, now it looks like they will be useless.
Seems nvidia did away with nview and next display or display toggle in vista and Win7. I never imagined this type of feature would be dropped by any company.
I must have this feature so that I can switch between monitor and TV using Girder and a remote.

Is there any free app that still works with nvidia and win7?
With a video card that only costs $15, and should have this feature, spending more on an app will not work.

I really want to use these cards, but looks like nvidia has left me no choice but to use ATi with my HTPC builds.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

AlucardX

May 20, 2000
not familiar with girder.. i'm pretty sure there's 3rd party utilities, if nvidia doesn't support it, of setting hotkeys to change your primary monitor/tv setting. once you set this maybe you could map it to girder.

RobsTV

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2000
Can you program girder to do the (windows key+p) switch?

Thanks for the replies.

From what I can see in my version of girder, the Windows key is not supported. (Ctl, Alt, Shift). Another problem with using windows + p is that it does not switch monitors. It brings up your choices menu, and then you need to select your choice and then press enter.

Yes, there are some 3rd party apps that have hotkey support, but at a price, with some as much as $50. With a cheap card, free is needed (or better yet including by the manufacturer).

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Thanks for the replies.

From what I can see in my version of girder, the Windows key is not supported. (Ctl, Alt, Shift). Another problem with using windows + p is that it does not switch monitors. It brings up your choices menu, and then you need to select your choice and then press enter.

Yes, there are some 3rd party apps that have hotkey support, but at a price, with some as much as $50. With a cheap card, free is needed (or better yet including by the manufacturer).

Have you seen this? http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/78513.aspx