Free 1/2 lb. Coffee

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Free coffee is always good, thanks Kato!

I'll ignore the fact that said site has to be one of the sketchiest I've seen by far.

Kato

Oct 9, 1999
Miss the good old days when pcwonders used to send us 10 lb. of beans by overnight air for free...

scsiguru

Jan 11, 2002
Went to their ordering page, selected an item, and clicked the submit button without entering any other information. Told me "Thank you for your order!" ROTFLMAO

ander

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2001

<< (Well nothing is really free, is it? Consider this more of a bribe than a free gift.) >>

More like, we'll scam you as hard as we can.

I do like coffee, though.

flomokev

Mar 5, 2001
Okay, I ask for the "free" coffee and know there will be some bs this company will be put me through. Do I want more "free" java? Not when the stuff cost $9.50 a pound!

My experience and knowledge of the coffee business amount to a hill of beans (bad pun). Usually for small businesses, employees will set up a system to collect money or get folks to bring in a can of some drinkable coffee. Work fine as long as there are no cheapa**@@ or the public grabbing cups of coffee. Now for those businesses that got a budget for coffee, I have seen it come in with the toilet paper and on the other hand brought in by a vendor. Private businesses or public businesses, I have never seen people brew a pot of $9.50 lb. coffee. Myself like most folks, can justify paying around a buck for a cup of coffee at 7-11 or QT because it quick and often it stretch the morning break (hint hint).

Now if you got a business that serve eat-in and/or carry out food, then a coffee vendor can be a real friend. What I been told, in exchange for buying a certain line of coffee products at a fair market price, the vendor will help a business owner on the hardware side. Similiar arrangements are supposely done by soft drink providers, orange juice machine providers, dish machine providers, and finally, the beer distributors.