Freakin' DirecTV takes a month to install in "my area"

Chewy

Oct 9, 1999
Is this normal? I hear it takes 3-4 days on avg. But a whole month? If you ordered today, you wouldn't be able to get it until Sept 21st!!!! "Good thing" i ordered a week ago. They charged my credit card ($600 btw) but I dont' see no equipment in my place; they're taking my interest!!

Man, i'm so mad.

fyi, i'm in McLean, VA 22102

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
you should've ordered through one of their affiliate websites.
you probably wouldn't have gotten charged anything since most likely the equipment is leasing.
That is unless your credit is really sh!tty

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
If you can't install DirecTV yourself, please hand in your Man Card, Geek Card, and DIY Card.

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002
DirecTV does not install anything. They have independent contractors in your area do the installation, so obviously installation time will depend on the backlog/contractor ratio in your area.

As long as you have two people and a set of walkie-talkies the dish is easy to install yourself.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Chewy
Is this normal? I hear it takes 3-4 days on avg. But a whole month? If you ordered today, you wouldn't be able to get it until Sept 21st!!!! "Good thing" i ordered a week ago. They charged my credit card ($600 btw) but I dont' see no equipment in my place; they're taking my interest!!

Man, i'm so mad.

fyi, i'm in McLean, VA 22102

I did it myself. Soooo easy.

Chewy

Oct 9, 1999
The whole point w/ going through them directly instead of best buy or circuit city, etc. is cuz when I ordered the HD DVR for $600, I got a $300 credit to my account and there's a $100 rebate, so in the end $199 + tax + S/H (a huuge deal for HD DVR)

Yes, I would totally do it myself, but the equipment isn't even here. The people that DirecTV hires for the install bring the equipment on the install date, and are exactly what someone said - subcontractors - so it's based on their schedule. I tried calling their stupid company to go to their store and pick it up to do it myself, but no one picked up their phone. GOD, so annoying.