France vs. Germany MODERN DAY

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
inspired by the France VS. Canada thread. suppose germany or france decide to fight each other. (kind of like germany in WWII). would it play out similarily? germany taking france without a hitch. or would it become the opposite, with the french beating the germans like a snot? i would guess germany, since they have shown enourmous military strength and experience in the past. but they are obviously very different now. this is assuming there is no help or interference from outside nations (i know, its a theoretical question)

on a seperate note:
what if the scenario of WWII were to happen in modern day in the european theater (france/britain/germany/italy/russia etc.)?

it seems germany is no longer very interested in miliatry expansion at all like its history. in fact, its strange how the once agrressive nations are now quite calm (specifically japan/germany).

right now? France...their standing army is larger. The US is still in Germany for god sakes!

5 years to let the Germans rebuild...Germany.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: FallenHero
right now? France...their standing army is larger. The US is still in Germany for god sakes!

size doesnt matter in war ;)

its about quality

Originally posted by: nick1985
Originally posted by: FallenHero

size doesnt matter in war ;)

its about quality

Quality is about equal, with Germany probably having an edge. However, I would still say france...with so little a tech edge, 200,000 aint going to do much against 2 million.