France slaps $7 billion Euro tax on the Rich, Corporations and Oil

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Guess I have to repeat myself.

Falling back on the tired and failed policies of blaming everything on the faceless "rich" does not constitute having a backbone. It's the same easy way out that every leftist takes: Blaming someone else for your problems; fomenting class hatred among your countrymen. That's leadership only to leftists.

Backbone constitutes living within your means in the first place.

And as I asked before, what does it actually mean? This is just baseless nonsense.

Who do you think caused the recession? Rich people hoarding all the wealth?

That's part of it.

Now, answer the question I asked you:

Who caused the recession? Rich or poor?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Poor - attempting to live deyond their means

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
And as I asked before, what does it actually mean? This is just baseless nonsense.

Baseless? The horrors wrought by leftist causes are more than evident, and all perpetrated in the juvenile complaint that some people are luckier than others, and we need to right that wrong, by force if necessary.

There are no boogeymen more stupid than the caricatures the left conjures of people from whom it wants to take money.

That's part of it.

Now, answer the question I asked you:

Who caused the recession? Rich or poor?

Neither, and both. How do you think in such simple terms about such a complex event, and how do you reduce it to a simple dichotomy of rich vs poor?

And while we're on the subject, tell me how "rich" people "hoard" wealth. What do they literally do with all their money? Stuff it in mattresses?

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Then they should get 99% of the benefits.

why should they support those that are not contributing?

If 1% of the population controls 99% of the wealth:

1% pays 99% of the taxes.

99% pays 1% of the taxes.

And that is as fair as it gets.

But I do not know how the wealth is distributed in France.

Its like google off shoring so they can lower their tax burden. Everyday people can not offshore, so why should companies be allowed to do it?

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Baseless? The horrors wrought by leftist causes are more than evident, and all perpetrated in the juvenile complaint that some people are luckier than others, and we need to right that wrong, by force if necessary.

There are no boogeymen more stupid than the caricatures the left conjures of people from whom it wants to take money.

What does any of this even mean?

Neither, and both. How do you think in such simple terms about such a complex event, and how do you reduce it to a simple dichotomy of rich vs poor?

Because that's what it is. The rich have got richer, and the poorer have become poorer.

The rich have the wealth, the knowledge, and the power. So how weren't they responsible for the recession?

And while we're on the subject, tell me how "rich" people "hoard" wealth. What do they literally do with all their money? Stuff it in mattresses?

You'll have to ask the rich people that. To them, it's just a numbers game.

Apr 27, 2012
The people in France need to learn that they are spending too much money, they deserve the consequences of there actions

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
The people in France need to learn that they are spending too much money, they deserve the consequences of there actions

And this money that they are spending, where is it going...?

Right into the pockets of the private sector.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The poor will not suffer less, the government will just waste more money. That is my prediction. So they are going to just raise the price of gas. Then people will own less cars.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

Because that's what it is. The rich have got richer, and the poorer have become poorer.

The rich have the wealth, the knowledge, and the power. So how weren't they responsible for the recession?

Well put. The rich have the most influence, both over our politicians and the economy, a fact the right would have us ignore in their favor. With this powerful influence that this small minority have, comes the ability to overwhelm the wants and needs of the majority (middle class and the poor).

So it's logical and practical to commensurately lay the causes and effects of our economic and political circumstances at the feet of those who have the most influence, especially so in the sense that we all have seen, heard and felt how the minority rich are more than willing to force their will on the rest of the nation.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
The poor will not suffer less, the government will just waste more money..

Exactly, giving it away to corrupt private industry that bought the government out.

Where in you guys whole right wing conspiracy thing could the poor even dictate ANY free shit for themselves? The politicians in reality would rather act of if the poor/working class do not even exist.

They have 0% power.

Do you ever even think about all these numbskull conspiracies from the corporations you all pick up from the radio/media?

They do not even make the smallest sense.

Politicians could care less about constituents, how naive could you all be? It's about feeding off the corporate lobbyists while distracting the working class with divide and conquer propaganda while they loot the treasury.

And yet the right wing eats it up. Irresponsible low information people ftl. Right wingers, you all are a great example of why the school system is sorely underfunded.

Last edited:

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

Did they also cause 9/11? Is there no accident that can happen that the Illuminati didn't deviously and deliberately plan?

Well, you said hoarding money was part of what caused the recession. I'd like you to specify if you know anything about that. If you were rich, how would you "hoard" money?

Last edited:

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Did they also cause 9/11? Is there no accident that can happen that the Illuminati didn't deviously and deliberately plan?

So are you agreeing or disagreeing with me here?

Do you agree, or disagree, that the rich have the wealth, the knowledge, and the power?

Well, you said hoarding money was part of what caused the recession. I'd like you to specify if you know anything about that. If you were rich, how would you "hoard" money?

Do you have selective autism?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
So are you agreeing or disagreeing with me here?

Uh, I'm disagreeing. The rich didn't cause the recession. Neither did the poor. You may not realize this, but events like the recession are not reducible to a class war.

I answered you, so answer me. By your reasoning, did the rich also cause 9/11? Does every accident have at it's basis the machinations of the evil rich?

Do you agree, or disagree, that the rich have the wealth, the knowledge, and the power?

Well, before I answer, let's define who you think is rich. Who are the rich?

Do you have selective autism?
:) You gotta love some leftists on this forum. With a few exceptions, they are chomping at the bit to resort to insults when they're childish generalizations are challenged. Can you answer my question or not?

Wait a second. Do you know what autism is?

Last edited:

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Uh, I'm disagreeing. The rich didn't cause the recession. Neither did the poor. You may not realize this, but events like the recession are not reducible to a class war.

You are disagreeing that the rich have the wealth, power and knowledge...?

I answered you, so answer me. By your reasoning, did the rich also cause 9/11? Does every accident have at it's basis the machinations of the evil rich?

Ah, you are being deliberately obtuse.

Well, let's see. Bin Laden would have been smarter than those he ordered to do his bidding. He would have had help and funding from wealthier people who supported his cause.

So yeah, I guess it was rich people behind 9/11.

Well, before I answer, let's define who you think is rich. Who are the rich?

The ones with the riches.

:) You gotta love some leftists on this forum. With a few exceptions, they are chomping at the bit to resort to insults when they're childish generalizations are challenged. Can you answer my question or not?

Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.

You don't get to be deliberately obtuse, and then cry foul afterwards.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
You are disagreeing that the rich have the wealth, power and knowledge...?

No, that they caused the recession.

-Ah, you are being deliberately obtuse.

Well, let's see. Bin Laden would have been smarter than those he ordered to do his bidding. He would have had help and funding from wealthier people who supported his cause.

So yeah, I guess it was rich people behind 9/11.

Let me see if I understand this. There's no distinction between America's "rich" who caused the recession and the terrorists who caused 9/11 because both of them were "rich". So did bin Laden also cause the recession?

The ones with the riches.

Right. No obtuseness there. How much money do I have to have before I reach your standard of "rich"?

Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.

You don't get to be deliberately obtuse, and then cry foul afterwards.

haha. No foul-crying. Just pointing out how quick some leftists are to resort to insults. And I notice you refuse to answer my question about how money is hoarded.

Last edited:

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
No, that they caused the recession.

So these people, with all the wealth, all the power, and all the knowledge, they weren't the ones that caused the recession?

That doesn't make any sense. They had everything, so it is impossible for anyone to have caused it.

Let me see if I understand this. There's no distinction between America's "rich" who caused the recession and the terrorists who caused 9/11 because both of them were "rich". So did bin Laden also cause the recession?

Do you understand what the concept of 'rich' actually is?

The rich people in the West have nothing to do with the rich people who helped Bin Laden, but they are still rich.

Right. No obtuseness there. How much money do I have to have before I reach your standard of "rich"?

That's a different argument entirely, but one that is often brought up to muddy the waters.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
So these people, with all the wealth, all the power, and all the knowledge, they weren't the ones that caused the recession?

That doesn't make any sense. They had everything, so it is impossible for anyone to have caused it.

First, who are these "people"? Second, these people don't have all the wealth, all the power, and all the knowledge. If that were true, we would not be a free society.

That's a different argument entirely, but one that is often brought up to muddy the waters.

I knew I was on the right track.

You're telling me I have an evil enemy. I want you to identify him. That's muddying the water?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally Posted by Veliko

Well put. The rich have the most influence, both over our politicians and the economy, a fact the right would have us ignore in their favor. With this powerful influence that this small minority have, comes the ability to overwhelm the wants and needs of the majority (middle class and the poor).

So it's logical and practical to commensurately lay the causes and effects of our economic and political circumstances at the feet of those who have the most influence, especially so in the sense that we all have seen, heard and felt how the minority rich are more than willing to force their will on the rest of the nation.

and idiot Americans want to put the richest guy of all in the Oval Office after seeing what Bush did?

I got behind a Latino today driving a rusted out old Honda Accord with shiny new Romney stickers on the back.

I pulled up next to him at the light and said it looks like you are flat broke driving this rusted out car, why would you vote for Romney? He said Romney said he will create jobs.

The light changed so didn't get to ask him anymore.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
That doesn't cause a recession nearly as bad as the Great Depression because banks are over leveraged 11:1 and everything unwinds. The poor don't speculate.

Poor people who couldn't afford mortgages yet still bought a house zero down aka infinite:1 leverage weren't speculating?

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
If 1% of the population controls 99% of the wealth:

1% pays 99% of the taxes.

99% pays 1% of the taxes.

And that is as fair as it gets.

But I do not know how the wealth is distributed in France.

Its like google off shoring so they can lower their tax burden. Everyday people can not offshore, so why should companies be allowed to do it?

Wealth =\= income

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Originally Posted by Veliko

and idiot Americans want to put the richest guy of all in the Oval Office after seeing what Bush did?

I got behind a Latino today driving a rusted out old Honda Accord with shiny new Romney stickers on the back.

I pulled up next to him at the light and said it looks like you are flat broke driving this rusted out car, why would you vote for Romney? He said Romney said he will create jobs.

The light changed so didn't get to ask him anymore.

A really nice recently immigrated Asian guy I befriended runs this meals on wheels wagon and stops by our shop during breaks and lunch hour. About three years ago he asked me how did Pres. Obama get elected when in fact he was a foreigner from Kenya. Incredulously, I asked him where did he hear that from. He pointed to his portable radio and said "Rush Limpah he say that, and he says Pres. Obama is going to take away everybody's guns. Can he do that? Because I like buy a gun so nobody rob me and take my lunch wagon."

I gave him a look that made him look fearfully confused and I realized at that moment that I was giving him that "you can't be that stupid" look, so I recovered and then realized I was at a loss for words thinking "holy crap, this propaganda shit really works. How do I explain to this guy in a few words that he's being lied to by a guy that sells lies for a living." I backed away and told him I didn't know what he was talking about, thinking it was impossible to convince him otherwise in a minute what he had been conditioned to, listening to crap radio for all those hours/days/months/years.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
A really nice recently immigrated Asian guy I befriended runs this meals on wheels wagon and stops by our shop during breaks and lunch hour. About three years ago he asked me how did Pres. Obama get elected when in fact he was a foreigner from Kenya. Incredulously, I asked him where did he hear that from. He pointed to his portable radio and said "Rush Limpah he say that, and he says Pres. Obama is going to take away everybody's guns. Can he do that? Because I like buy a gun so nobody rob me and take my lunch wagon."

I gave him a look that made him look fearfully confused and I realized at that moment that I was giving him that "you can't be that stupid" look, so I recovered and then realized I was at a loss for words thinking "holy crap, this propaganda shit really works. How do I explain to this guy in a few words that he's being lied to by a guy that sells lies for a living." I backed away and told him I didn't know what he was talking about, thinking it was impossible to convince him otherwise in a minute what he had been conditioned to, listening to crap radio for all those hours/days/months/years.

Could have at least told him Rush and Fox spew 100% lies.