France Launches Air Strikes On Mali

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21283829

French and Mali forces push forward, and the Mali forces start raping and killing anyone they claim has anything to do with the rebels. Good to see that the French support such a just and honorable cause!

How about sending some UN troops to protect the people from the forces that claim to be freeing them?

That article seems to be relating rapes the rebels committed, and fears of possible reprisals. Have any other source for that accusation?

You should know you are coming across kinda Jane Fonda -esque.

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21283829

French and Mali forces push forward, and the Mali forces start raping and killing anyone they claim has anything to do with the rebels. Good to see that the French support such a just and honorable cause!

How about sending some UN troops to protect the people from the forces that claim to be freeing them?

what UN troops? oh you mean the ones that probably should have gone in to protect the people from the Islamic douchemonkeys...

good to see that you're supporting the terrorists just and honorable cause.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
That article seems to be relating rapes the rebels committed, and fears of possible reprisals. Have any other source for that accusation?

You should know you are coming across kinda Jane Fonda -esque.

The rebels raped and murdered too, and now the government troops are doing the same as revenge. So the population gets screwed over twice. The government is no better than the rebels they fight, yet the government gets support from France and others.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
what UN troops? oh you mean the ones that probably should have gone in to protect the people from the Islamic douchemonkeys...

good to see that you're supporting the terrorists just and honorable cause.

Guess it's impossible to condemn the atrocities of one side without supporting the other side according to you? So do you support what the Nazis did in WW II or do you support everything Stalin did?

Rape and murder is wrong, no matter who does it. Do you agree with that, or do you want to claim that whichever side you support is simply incapable of doing stuff like that?

klinc

Jan 30, 2011
Guess it's impossible to condemn the atrocities of one side without supporting the other side according to you? So do you support what the Nazis did in WW II or do you support everything Stalin did?

Rape and murder is wrong, no matter who does it. Do you agree with that, or do you want to claim that whichever side you support is simply incapable of doing stuff like that?

Mali got a shit load of gold and cheap labour. The UN and others will look over mass killings and genocide etc etc if they have nothing of value. As soon as one have something of value they will bend backwards to send a army. Look at a shit hole like Ethiopia. They would not give a crack if you wipe it with a nuke or a steam roller. Rwanda as well. They put two tribes together thousands by thousands dead. They didn't bother 94 4 million and they wonder WTf happened. Not like they did not know it they just don't give a shit.

Olikan

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2011
there is a big diference in....

"i bring freedom...pew, pew, pew"
to
"hey guys, mmm... i think i need some help here"

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
The rebels raped and murdered too, and now the government troops are doing the same as revenge. So the population gets screwed over twice. The government is no better than the rebels they fight, yet the government gets support from France and others.

You paint with an awfully broad brush.

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011

are you really too thick to see I was parodying your remark about france?...

klinc

Jan 30, 2011
there is a big diference in....

"i bring freedom...pew, pew, pew"
to
"hey guys, mmm... i think i need some help here"

There is two ways to control a tribe in Africa.
1. You become the chief but if your from another tribe no way in hell that is happening

2. You take over the country. You do not need a lot of people to start unrest and start threaten opposition supporters or get gangs to come in dressed as army or current government affiliates and kill 10 to 20 people.
Mass action you can not lose. You get a couple of thousand woman and children with a couple of guys in the middle with traditional weapons then march straight to a awaiting police or army and try to go through them. If they fire a number of protesters die the world see them as evil. Leave them u get hacked to death they defend themselves protesters die they still lose.