Frame Rate Loss in League of Legends but not other games

Trez_YTR

Dec 14, 2013
So whenever I play League of Legends, my frame rates dance around a LOT. Whether vsync is on or off my frame rate goes from 60 to 80 and then drastically drops down to 10-30. This happens more often when a character is about to be killed or during team fights or when my tower or the enemy's tower gets destroyed.

What's funny is my frame rate only drops only in league of legends, not any other game. When I play BF4 or CoD Ghosts or Rome 2, my frame rate is fine. 60 fps easily. This only happened recently, maybe mid- november until now.

I re installed LoL but it still happens

I'm just wondering is it my GPU that's the problem? Or perhaps my monitor? And how do i troubleshoot my GPU?

My comp specs:
i5-3470 3.2-3.6 Ghz
16 GB Ram
WD Blue 500GB
Palit GeForce GTX 660

Monitor: Philips 239C4QH
7ms response time

Thanks in advance

geokilla

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2006
It could be your video drivers. I've played League of Legends while running Folding@Home before and there was no problems whatsoever. So that takes the "anything running in the background" out of the equation. At least from my experience.

Trez_YTR

Dec 14, 2013
Hmm.. well my drivers are updated.

Idk if this has anything to do with it but when I go on YouTube and watch vids (720) there are obvious fps drops.

BTW, do u know how i can troubleshoot my gpu?

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Go in your nvidia control panel and select "maximum performance" instead of "adaptive" for power management. Being that LoL is an extremely underwhelming game in terms of GPU power requirement, this could fix it up.

Alternatively, you can make a custom program profile for LoL and do the same - select maximum performance for power management. Also ensure all settings are set to "application preference".