News (FoxNews) White House announces it will not comply with 'illegitimate and unconstitutional' impeachment inquiry

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009

I guess Trump is declaring himself king now. This should go well for the whole country.

To expand, this is surreal. He's admitted and committed the crimes that prompted the inquiry. The lawyers that drafted this letter... I don't know how they aren't disbarred by the end of this debacle (along with a whole host of other folks).

The GOP going to back this move?

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
So does this mean the rest of us can do whatever the hell we want?

Are we really comfortable with having a supreme leader who is 100% above the law and doesn't answer to anyone?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Even if they voted he would just come up with some other excuse to say the vote didn't count and there will be no cooperation.
Yup. The biased Dems are the only ones who voted for it. So it’s invalid. King for life mother fuckers!

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
OK. I guess they can just do the vote he demands that they do and then proceed with the inquiry, right?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Not needed. The inquiry is justified.

True enough. In Pelosi's place, I might just lean on the caucus to pass a formal impeachment inquiry vote & shove it up Trump's ass. It would destroy Trump's current rationale for non-compliance.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
True enough. In Pelosi's place, I might just lean on the caucus to pass a formal impeachment inquiry vote & shove it up Trump's ass. It would destroy Trump's current rationale for non-compliance.
The rationale has no legal standing and shouldn't be dignified. That just creates more incentive for further obstruction measures.

He'll drag it out any way he can. Best to just keep going and start holding people in contempt and jailing them.

The fucking around needs to stop.

AND this demonstrates that the pressure and the polling is working to really keep them on their heels if they're pulling crap like this.

Mar 11, 2004
Yeah, just keep at it, its clearly getting under his skin, and the longer it goes on the more shit he does that is inexcusable and indefensible by even his most ardent jockstraps.

He's already running defensive ads on primetime football. He's scared. Just need to keep whittling away at the whole facade and hope there's some pin that bursts the bubble while you wait for the the snowball to keep rolling and gaining momentum.

Just know that getting rid of Turmp isn't going to magically solve the problem.

Jul 9, 2009

I guess Trump is declaring himself king now. This should go well for the whole country.

To expand, this is surreal. He's admitted and committed the crimes that prompted the inquiry. The lawyers that drafted this letter... I don't know how they aren't disbarred by the end of this debacle (along with a whole host of other folks).

The GOP going to back this move?
1) Not at all, just President of the United States.
2)What's surreal? The House is free to impeach him with a floor vote and follow precedent.
3) When? I must have missed it and if so he should be impeached.
4) I'm sure in your world you would disbar any lawyer who writes something you don't like. Good thing it's not up to you.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
The problem with doing a vote now is that they will not have a case built with enough evidence that would force the Senate to impeach him, which is why he is pushing for a vote now, because he knows that right now, the Senate won't vote him out. Because once the formal vote is done in the House, it goes straight to the Senate, with no more investigations and evidence to back it up, as it all falls immediately to the Senate. By doing the inquiry (investigation) allows them to get enough evidence of wrong doing, not just the Ukraine phone call, but much, much more, that will hopefully be serious enough that they either have to vote him out in the Senate, or end their careers by not doing so.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well it looks like the only thing Trump and his henchmen have left to fight the Dems with is the delay and obstruct game.

Trump handed the Dems everything they need to successfully impeach him, maybe even enough to where McConnell would look the idiotic fool to remain at Trump's side and be compelled to give up defending "The One With the Great and Unmatched Wisdom".

But then maybe McConnell is willing to do just that in order for him to keep stuffing the court system with Repub political hacks I wonder.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The rationale has no legal standing and shouldn't be dignified. That just creates more incentive for further obstruction measures.

He'll drag it out any way he can. Best to just keep going and start holding people in contempt and jailing them.

The fucking around needs to stop.

AND this demonstrates that the pressure and the polling is working to really keep them on their heels if they're pulling crap like this.

Forget anybody getting jailed. For example, I think it would be unfair to jail the EU ambassador for following the chain of command. He's willing to testify but he'd have to sacrifice his job to do it. The demand is unreasonable. I's also unreasonable to put sworn federal officers against each other.

Jul 9, 2009
Well it looks like the only thing Trump and his henchmen have left to fight the Dems with is the delay and obstruct game.

Trump handed the Dems everything they need to successfully impeach him, maybe even enough to where McConnell would look the idiotic fool to remain at Trump's side and be compelled to give up defending "The One With the Great and Unmatched Wisdom".

But then maybe McConnell is willing to do just that in order for him to keep stuffing the court system with Repub political hacks I wonder.
Yeah, it must be hell to actually follow the Constitution. If he "handed the Dems everything they need" what are they waiting for? Nah, McConnell just has to have a straight vote in the Senate and Trump will be voted not guilty and the Democrats will look like the fools they are.

Reactions: GullyFoyle