Foxnews Poll - Most Americans don't want Obama's Health Reform

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Article is here:

FOX News Poll: Americans Prefer Current System to Obama's Health Care Plan
More Americans would rather Congress do nothing than pass President Obama's plan: 46 percent to 37 percent of people polled say they prefer the current health care system to the one the president has proposed.
By Dana Blanton

FOXNews.com

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Most Americans see no upside for their family in the health care reforms being considered in Washington and don't believe President Obama when he says his plan won't add "one dime" to the federal deficit. The majority of Americans believe they will have to make changes to their health care coverage if the president's plan is passed.

These are just some of the findings of a new FOX News poll released Thursday.

More Americans would rather Congress do nothing than pass Obama's plan: 46 percent to 37 percent of people polled say they prefer the current health care system to the one the president has proposed.

Similarly, more people oppose ? 48 percent ? the health care reform legislation being considered right now than favor it ? 38 percent. While most Democrats ? 65 percent ? favor the reforms, majorities of Republicans ? 79 percent ? and independents (55 percent) oppose them.

Click here to see the full poll results.

This is not surprising given less than one in four Americans (22 percent) think they would be better off under the reforms, and many (60 percent) think they will probably have to make changes to their health coverage despite Obama's assurances that they will not have to. In addition, a sizable majority (67 percent) thinks the president's plan will increase the national deficit.

By more than three-to-one, Americans say if they were sick they would rather be covered by a privately-run health insurance plan (62 percent) than a government-run plan (20 percent).

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from Sept. 15 to 16. The poll has a 3-point margin of error.

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., introduced a health care bill on Sept. 16 that does not include a government-run health insurance option (or "public option") to compete with private health insurance companies. Critics of the public option insist the idea is to move the country closer to a government-run system by forcing private insurers out of business. The public is divided on whether passage of a so-called "public plan" would eventually put private health insurance companies out of business: 52 percent think it would, while 41 percent disagree.

Baucus' proposal requires all individuals to buy health insurance. Some 42 percent of Americans agree with this proposal, while a 54-percent majority disagrees and thinks the government should not be able to require even those Americans who can afford it to have health insurance.

Obama's Job Performance

Overall, 54 percent of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing as president ? up one point from last month.

Slightly more people disapprove than approve of the president's handling of health care: 44 percent approve and 48 percent disapprove. To give this some perspective, Obama gets better ratings on his handling of the economy (55 percent approve) and Afghanistan (51 percent).

A 57 percent majority of Americans think the president should be spending more time right now fixing the economy ? that's three times as many as say he should be working on reforming health care (19 percent).

Click here to see the raw data.

Well. I would love to see the "raw data" or the "full poll results" but the links don't work on the article.

Does anyone have a link to the foxpoll that they can share?

Also....It is a bit irresponsible to throw up an article referencing poll data and not provide the ACTUAL poll data. I wonder how long this article has been posted on the website?

But....I'm not accusing Foxnews of doing anything unethical....just poor journalism as usual.

:)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: OrByte
Well. I would love to see the "raw data" or the "full poll results" but the links don't work on the article.

Also....It is a bit irresponsible to throw up an article referencing poll data and not provide the ACTUAL poll data. I wonder how long this article has been posted on the website?

But....I'm not accusing Foxnews of doing anything unethical....just poor journalism as usual.

Ummm you know they are not a News organization.

It is fictional entertainment as defined by the Supreme Court.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
So this a (weak) rant about a couple of broken links on a website?

Fern

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Oh really? Please link me to where this ruling was made? Very interesting.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Fern
So this a (weak) rant about a couple of broken links on a website?

Fern

To bad Christians don't realize that their watching of Fox News IS the missing link

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's Faux. They exist in a fact free zone. :roll:

Originally posted by: loki8481

who knew most americans were so racist.

YOU are MOST Americans? :shocked:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Faux news reminds me of the old Tammy Faye & Jim Baker tv show.
So bad... they were entertaining.
So bad... they were hilarious.
So bad... they made you feel sorry for them.
So bad... you were left saying "what the hell was THAT?".
That face. The mascara running down the cheeks.
Their taking themselves so seriously.
They, like Faux news, were hilarious in a train wreck sorta way...

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
JHC

If Fox conducts a poll, one of two things is possible:

1. They only polled Republicans;
2. They didnt really take the poll, and made it up.

Right? :roll:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey
It's Faux. They exist in a fact free zone. :roll:

who knew most americans were so racist.

YOU are MOST Americans? :shocked:

if you knew what my ex was packing, you'd know why I'm still sore at african americans :shocked:

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

if you knew what my ex was packing, you'd know why I'm still sore at african americans :shocked:

What your ex was packing is irrelevant, and I don't give a shit about your lame ass excuses to yourself for being a bigot. :roll:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

What your ex was packing is irrelevant, and I don't give a shit about your lame ass excuses to yourself for being a bigot. :roll:

wait, what? :confused:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Cool, sort of like your posts. They contain no real information, just entertainment.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

You said something your ex is "packing" is a reason for you to be sore at African Americans. I didn't see any limit on those words that meant anything other than ALL African Americans.

How else are we supposed to take that? :confused:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

You said something your ex is "packing" is a reason for you to be sore at African Americans. I didn't see any limit on those words that meant anything other than ALL African Americans.

as a joke?

see, my ex was black... and he was big. you know, down there. and soreness... it's really not funny when you have to explain it.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

as a joke?

see, my ex was black... and he was big. you know, down there. and soreness... it's really not funny when you have to explain it.

404 -- Humor not found.

Glad you intended it as humor, but without far too much information about you and your personal history, it wasn't funny before you explained it, either.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
as a joke?

404 -- Humor not found.

Glad you intended it as humor, but without far too much information about you and your personal history, it wasn't funny before you explained it, either.

He's saying he likes Black Men because they have big dicks so he's not racist, he just stereotypes black men as well hung.:roll:

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
loki doesn't care about black people (unless they're well hung).

Jun 27, 2005
We all saw how well cash for clunkers has worked... I'm sure they'll do better with health care. :disgust:

Tequila

Oct 24, 1999
More Americans would rather Congress do nothing than pass Obama's plan: 46 percent to 37 percent of people polled say they prefer the current health care system to the one the president has proposed

This does not compute considering we have so many systems available. Did they break this down between those who have medicare, private(employer based and self bought) and VA? Otherwise this is very misleading.

As much as I like my employer based plan it has its drawbacks like (a) getting laid off and paying outrageous amounts for COBRA to keep it (b) going to a new company without a good plan. I want reform so everyone is covered and can take it with them wherever they go. It just makes common sense. However I just don't agree with coming up with another system to give us 5 total. I made a post a few weeks ago about other possibilities including letting anyone opt into Medicare but never got a response. Reform yes -- HR3200 no.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

We all saw how well cash for clunkers has worked... I'm sure they'll do better with health care. :disgust:

If, by "worked," you expected instant, perfect economic salvation of the nation's economy and resolution of the mess the Bushwhackos gave us, your grasp on reality is... ummm... tenuous. Cash for clunkers was successful in boosting new car sales, getting polluting gas guzzlers off the road and helping to restore employment in the auto sales, service and supply businesses, and it helped merchants and service providers to those who were newly re-employed.

Unless you have a problem with those results, I guess that means you now support a single payer health care system. :cool: