Fox News to run their own candidates in 2016?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Buxaroo

Oct 2, 2012
Historically speaking the guy who finished second in the Presidential primaries is the Republican parties nominee 4 years later.

Hmm. True for Reagan. For Bush Sr it took 8 years but he was the nominee. It wasn't true for Bush Jr. since he didn't run against Dole. It was true for McCain and it was true for Romney.

So, by overwhelming recent history, Santorum will be the Republican nominee in 2016

Most of us thinking people (aka 51%) hope that he will be, then the GOP will truly die out as the inferior, bankrupt ideology that it has become in the last 30+ years with no place in a thinking person's 21st century. If the republicans keep that up, they won't lose with only 48%, they will lose with 40%, then less and less after each election. As long as they keep endorsing these inferior mental defects, and that's exactly what the majority of the candidates were in the primaries, then they will fail over and over again.

Whats the point of being conservative? They act as if they alone are fiscally responsible (fact: they aren't, anyone with a pee brain can go to google and see where most of the debt over the last 30 years originated under which presidencies). They act as if the conservatives are the most moral, which is laughable at any angle you look at it. They act as if they are for freedom, when Patriot act was the crowning achievement of Bush's terms, not to mention banning gay marriage (after all, nothing says FREEDOM like denying people's pursuits like BANNING something they find objectionable) and making laws based on religion, you know, like what the Taliban do.

What does the republican's have to offer? What is there to support? All they want to do is do the same shit that got us into most of these messes in the first place. Stupid wars in the middle east that has resulted in NOTHING for us, that have nearly bankrupted us ($2.5 trillion and counting, not to MENTION the 6000+ soldiers that have died), financial systems that nearly brought down the entire global economy because we get rid of regulations that were designed to stop those very things, and didn't enforce them even when we had them. Giving tax breaks to "job creators" even though they have been given a HUGE tax break in the last 12 years without ANY JOB GROWTH. Exactly, GOP are nothing more than carriers of the "government = bad" meme that has fucked us up for too long. GOP is all about self fulfilling prophecy. Take funding away from agency, agency fails, then point to them and say "See? I told you government is bad!".

It's idiocy that isn't backed up by reality. As evidenced by their head in the sand approach to the rest of the country in this last election. They are a dying breed for a good reason: it's no longer needed in modern society. GOP are like the tail bone of the human body: leftovers from evolution that has no purpose anymore, all it is now is a pain in the ass reminder of what used to be but is no longer needed.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
The Foxnews Secret Base has been located. This is moot.

2u5zvk2.jpg

Right wingers worst fears realized:

Red States are gonna get gay/weed bombed from orbit.

Last edited:

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
as much as i hate bill o'reilly, he's a smart guy.. it's hard to think of anyone who could run against him.. maybe hillary.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
as much as i hate bill o'reilly, he's a smart guy.. it's hard to think of anyone who could run against him.. maybe hillary.

A part of me thinks that he's exactly like Colbert, but he doesn't tell anyone that he's joking. He's a highly educated man, so presumably he would understand how satire works. When O'Reilly interviewed Colbert, O'Reilly stated that Colbert's show was a rip off of his own show. O'Reilly either suffered major brain damage between his college days and now, or he's giving a wink and a nod to another guy who's playing the same game with a bit of a twist.

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
A part of me thinks that he's exactly like Colbert, but he doesn't tell anyone that he's joking. He's a highly educated man, so presumably he would understand how satire works. When O'Reilly interviewed Colbert, O'Reilly stated that Colbert's show was a rip off of his own show. O'Reilly either suffered major brain damage between his college days and now, or he's giving a wink and a nod to another guy who's playing the same game with a bit of a twist.

Of course he is, O'Reilly's primary goal is ratings. People watch because it entertains them - plain and simple. The man doesn't run a new shows. The news runs earlier in the evening.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003

His niche is what Colbert makes fun of but it makes both of them rich and attracts viewers. There are rumors that O'Reilly is, on a personal level a liberal. I wouldnt doubt it at all.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
of course his work is satire... like i said, intelligent human being..

i too, wouldn't doubt that he's a closet lib... you can do that when your that intelligent.

Glen Beck tried to take the same path, but.. failed, horribly..

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Chrysler is doing great without him.
I'll be damned. You're right.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2012/07/30/chrysler-group-earnings.html
Chrysler Group reported a second quarter profit of $436 million US Monday, an $806 million improvement from the $370 million net loss in the same period a year earlier.
Unlike other U.S.-based automakers, Chrysler is benefiting from its heavy dependance on the United States car market.

While other companies are losing money in Europe, Chrysler has little presence there. The company gets 75 per cent of its sales from the U.S., where the market has been growing for the past three years.

LOL, most of them Fox News viewers too since the average one is a senior citizen.
Don't worry, more old people will fill that gap. Baby boomers started to hit 65 in 2011. The population of people will major brain issues related to age will increase very quickly in the coming years.