Fox News Opinion Piece supporting Gay Marriage on Constitutional Grounds

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Would you support polygamy? If the goal is to encourage procreation, I don't see how that changes your argument.

That's not the point. The point is every type of marriage/uinon is different and should be studied and given the reasonable rights and benefits accordingly.

I don't support/oppose ploygamy or gay unions. What people do in their private life is their own business. What I oppose is blind and blanked transfer of every single right and benefit, many of which were designed for specific purpose where some of those marriages/union do not meet.

I don't know how much simplier I can put this. It's not about supporting/opposing specific life style. It's the fact that gay union and polygamy or any other type of union/relationship, are different. All I am saying is treat it differently, give the rights and benefits each type deserve and by the way you can give people different benefits and privilege but at the same time treat them with the same respect. Guess that's a concept people who live in a black and white world cannot understand.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
That's not the point. The point is every type of marriage/uinon is different and should be studied and given the reasonable rights and benefits accordingly.

I don't support/oppose ploygamy or gay unions. What people do in their private life is their own business. What I oppose is blind and blanked transfer of every single right and benefit, many of which were designed for specific purpose where some of those marriages/union do not meet.

I don't know how much simplier I can put this. It's not about supporting/opposing specific life style. It's the fact that gay union and polygamy or any other type of union/relationship, are different. All I am saying is treat it differently, give the rights and benefits each type deserve and by the way you can give people different benefits and privilege but at the same time treat them with the same respect. Guess that's a concept people who live in a black and white world cannot understand.

Can you give an example of a specific benefit predicated on having children? For example, you get tax deductions per child. Why wouldn't those apply to any couple having children, whether gay or straight, and not apply to every couple not having children, whether gay or straight?

I think your argument would have more teeth if you provided something specific and concrete. A specifc benefit that is predicated on the ability to proceate that makes sense for straight couples but not for gay couples.

- wolf