FOX News Latino, because latino news is different than whitey news

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
They're targeting older, white Americans who are conservative. Sure, some other people join in, but they're not the target. I suppose that BET targets African-American culture but it doesn't mean that only blacks watch it.

There's no doubt about that, but Fox News isn't exactly targeting them. It targets old white viewers.

I'm sure that there are whites, blacks, Asians, etc. that are interested in Fox News Latino, too.

I wasn't aware I was a member of a party.

There is nothing on Fox that targets any particular race. BET specifically targets black viewers as the name implies, Fox does no such thing.

But if clinging to the race card helps you justify your ideology, go for it. But know it's a lie.

Wordplay

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2010
Before I clicked the link I thought the website would be in Spanish. Kind of odd only a part of it is.

Last edited:

Wordplay

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2010
Any type of magazine, book, or website that targets the Hispanic community I expect it to be in Spanish because that would allow more of them to read it. Not every Latin country uses English.

I get that they are trying to sucking up to Latin people but they should just use a translation button instead.

Last edited:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Any type of magazine, book, or website that targets the Hispanic community I expect it to be in Spanish because that would allow more of them to read it. Not every Latin country uses English.

I get that they are trying to sucking up to Latin people but they should just use a translation button instead.

I would think it's more of an incentive to learn English and thus be able to prosper in the US.

Refusal to learn English is the main cause of poverty in the hispanic community.

Wordplay

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2010
I would think it's more of an incentive to learn English and thus be able to prosper in the US.

Refusal to learn English is the main cause of poverty in the hispanic community.
I think the main cause was the lack of balls to actually do something about their countries being so corrupt.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
There is nothing on Fox that targets any particular race. BET specifically targets black viewers as the name implies, Fox does no such thing.

But if clinging to the race card helps you justify your ideology, go for it. But know it's a lie.

Not really. BET targets a culture that is heavily black (but not exclusively), just like Fox News does with its own target. A lot of their coverage targets the interests of white, conservative Americans. That's their main demographic and the group that provides them with revenue. You can try to pretend otherwise. But know it's a lie.

You're the one pulling out the race card. Racism has been no part of my analysis. Perhaps it shows something about you.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Not really. BET targets a culture that is heavily black (but not exclusively), just like Fox News does with its own target. A lot of their coverage targets the interests of white, conservative Americans. That's their main demographic and the group that provides them with revenue. You can try to pretend otherwise. But know it's a lie.

You're the one pulling out the race card. Racism has been no part of my analysis. Perhaps it shows something about you.

Bullshit. The B in BET stands for Black.

Fox news is in no way geared exculsively for whites. It is geared for conservatives and libertarians of all races. Please point to one thing on Fox that even implies it is geared toward whites, rather than an all race inclusive political ideology. Oh, wait, you can't. Your logic is: "if it is geared towards conservatives, it must be geared towards whites." Your logic is what is racist here.

YOU started the race discussion, not me. It is you who pulled the race card and tried to imply Fox is geared toward a specific race. You have failed.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

Fox news is in no way geared exculsively for whites. It is geared for conservatives and libertarians of all races. Please point to one thing on Fox that even implies it is geared toward whites, rather than an all race inclusive political ideology. Oh, wait, you can't. Your logic is: "if it is geared towards conservatives, it must be geared towards whites." Your logic is what is racist here.

YOU started the race discussion, not me. It is you who pulled the race card and tried to imply Fox is geared toward a specific race. You have failed.

Explain this:

according to Nielsen Media Research, Fox News has averaged just 29,000 black viewers in primetime so far this television season (9/09-7/10). That represents just 1.38% of its 2.102 million total viewer audience.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001

So?

Fox news is in no way geared exculsively for whites.

Of course. But it's main target demographic is whites. It is the perfect example of what the OP stated, not Fox News Latino.

It is geared for conservatives and libertarians of all races. Please point to one thing on Fox that even implies it is geared toward whites, rather than an all race inclusive political ideology. Oh, wait, you can't. Your logic is: "if it is geared towards conservatives, it must be geared towards whites." Your logic is what is racist here.

Of course I can. The selection of news stories, commentators, etc. appeal to white Americans. It's more than just them being geared towards conservative ideology. I would even argue that some of the graphics appeal to white Americans.

What are the demographics of Fox News? How do they make money?

You're the one that brought the racist discussion, not me. I brought up the race discussion.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
There is nothing on Fox that targets any particular race.

Maybe not but it seems that only whites like it, especially those who are retired and have nothing better to do that sit around getting their daily dose of Fox Outrage.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
There is nothing to explain. A minority of blacks are conservatives, but that in no way means Fox is geared towards whites. Sorry, but fail.

Well, if I was running a conservative "news" network and found my demographics to consist of mainly older white folks...that's who I would cater to. And I think they (Fox) are smart enough to realize that.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
http://latino.foxnews.com/index.html

755776-lol_que_large.jpg

I don't know how long this has been around but I just noticed this today, wtf? Are we so divided as a culture that ethnic groups need their own news stations? Or is this just pandering to different groups? Where is my FOX news Scandinavian? RACIST!

I guess you are also going to call out Telemundo, Al-Jizeera, and BET.