Fox News -- keeping it fair and balanced again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
FOXNEWS

Headline reads, "Counterterror Adviser Defends Jihad as 'Legitimate Tenet of Islam'"

Well of course -- Jihad (inner struggle?) is a tenet of Islam.

The insinuation here is that he thinks terrorists are on sound ground for their actions.

I'm tired of this shit. They should just call themselves Fox Entertainment and get it over with.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
What part of what they reported is not factually correct? You're just making an assumption that there's an insinuation there. There isn't. In other words, fox states the facts, you distort.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
tell me something OP... who did you come across this news? So why exactly do you Koolies go to Fox news anyways? Is it bcoz it the only place you can get some real news?

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
What part of what they reported is not factually correct? You're just making an assumption that there's an insinuation there. There isn't. In other words, fox states the facts, you distort.

I'm open to believe I got it wrong but I'm going to go with my gut feeling on this one.

Nov 30, 2006
Jihad a "legitimate tenet of Islam" and the term "jihadists" should not be used to describe America's enemies. After all...they are mere victims of "political, economic and social forces". Seriously?

BTW...where's the bias?

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
I'm open to believe I got it wrong but I'm going to go with my gut feeling on this one.

no no, say it, lets hear what you got to say, lets see whats really inside the cloud of negativity and pessimism that are represent.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
reading the comments on the article, it's clear to me that they got their point across.

As to why I go to fox, DesiPower, I usually go to see what the fox spin on things is. I do read the articles even though I know I will likely disagree with them but I like to hear dissenting views.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
fox news simply reported what the man said.

this is more than consistent with obama's attempt to separate islam and al-qaeda/taliban as if both are inspired by two different ideologies.

what a load of bull. "jihad" is a tenanent of islam. yeah, cept most "jihadists" are terrorists.

why is our leadership tip-toeing around homicidal muslims?

i think obama is trying to save face for his one-sided relationship and embracement with the muslim world, while justifying ruthless and disproportionate response to taliban and al-qaeda fighters.

how can anyone seriously take this "war on terror" while we support and arm the premier sponsor of terror - saudi arabia - and coddle another prolific sponsor terror - iran - and then gift billions of dollars to states that harbor terrorists (pakistan, lebanon, yemen, etc...etc...)

it's totally ABSURD.

dear god, this knee-jerk reactionary fear-mongering to anything fox news is becoming redundant.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
It's actually refreshing to have people in government that have some knowledge of the religion and culture in the M.E. for a change. The previous administration proved time and time again that total ignorance of the people you are dealing with is a recipe for disaster.

Diplomacy is always preferable to war, and effective diplomacy depends on a great deal on how your words and actions are perceived by those on the other side of the table. If you have no concept of what your words and actions mean to the others until after the fact, you are dangerously fumbling around in the dark. This is why the previous administration failed so miserably at diplomacy (and to the ignorant observer, made it appear useless), and why there is new hope of it being a valuable tool for this administration.

TwinsenTacquito

Apr 1, 2010
reading the comments on the article, it's clear to me that they got their point across.

As to why I go to fox, DesiPower, I usually go to see what the fox spin on things is. I do read the articles even though I know I will likely disagree with them but I like to hear dissenting views.

You mean you go there so you can read a story and pretend they put a spin on it because they're the only major news network that will speak out against the government?

Kappo

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000
People see what they want to see in articles. Fox can have some bias, but this really isn't it. If you want some retarded bias that you can find on most pages, hit up CNN or MSNBC.

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
I am reminded of a comment from a soviet era russian to a foreign journalist acquantence:

'We don't read Pravda to find out what the truth is, we read it to find out what the lies are.'

Status
Not open for further replies.