Fox News host Brian Kilmeade questions 6th grader for praising Biden and not giving Trump enough credit on school reopenings

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Democratic suicide. In order to prevent dictatorship we allow free speech. So the dictatorial resort to propaganda eventually creating a nation of cult Zombies addicted to hatred of others and easily triggered outrage. These, due to projection and their need not to allow free speech to others out of fear it will be taken from they, now act without impunity to take free speech away, including doing what they can to allow any other party near the poles.

Freedom is great while it lasts if you can differentiate who it’s real enemies are. In not it doesn’t last long. I believe we need to ban fake news propaganda and including shutting Fox News down. The misinformation pushed there kills people and is destructive to the nation. What is the difference between defending our country from bombs in war or from terrorist attack and defending against psychological bombs that also destroy the nation?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Democratic suicide. In order to prevent dictatorship we allow free speech. So the dictatorial resort to propaganda eventually creating a nation of cult Zombies addicted to hatred of others and easily triggered outrage. These, due to projection and their need not to allow free speech to others out of fear it will be taken from they, now act without impunity to take free speech away, including doing what they can to allow any other party near the poles.

Freedom is great while it lasts if you can differentiate who it’s real enemies are. In not it doesn’t last long. I believe we need to ban fake news propaganda and including shutting Fox News down. The misinformation pushed there kills people and is destructive to the nation. What is the difference between defending our country from bombs in war or from terrorist attack and defending against psychological bombs that also destroy the nation?

The problem is who gets to decide what is misinformation or propaganda? When does opinion go from everyone has the right to voice their opinion to some opinions are propaganda and misinformation?

I honestly don’t see a solution. The consequences of such a society has been known though. That’s why we have the electoral college and now that that’s been proven to have failed at its most basic duty I don’t know where we go from here.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The problem is who gets to decide what is misinformation or propaganda? When does opinion go from everyone has the right to voice their opinion to some opinions are propaganda and misinformation?

I honestly don’t see a solution. The consequences of such a society has been known though. That’s why we have the electoral college and now that that’s been proven to have failed at its most basic duty I don’t know where we go from here.
The way it was supposed to work, I think, is that truthful speech was supposed to defeat lies but that was in a time when the lies were not promulgated by cults with massive membership. I would say that Modern American Republicanism is a religion should be subject to separation of church and state. For the love of Christ, it’s easier to believe that God resides on Kolob, then that Trump won the election. We are being pushed to believe that if you don’t believe that lie perhaps you should suffer terribly.

I do believe that the estimate that goes up to 80 million dead from Nazi fun times in Germany lead to membership in that party being outlawed.

Perhaps something similar will happen hear if we reach approximent numbers, but modern technology makes if far far easier today to pile up bodies much faster.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The way it was supposed to work, I think, is that truthful speech was supposed to defeat lies but that was in a time when the lies were not promulgated by cults with massive membership. I would say that Modern American Republicanism is a religion should be subject to separation of church and state. For the love of Christ, it’s easier to believe that God resides on Kolob, then that Trump won the election. We are being pushed to believe that if you don’t believe that lie perhaps you should suffer terribly.

I do believe that the estimate that goes up to 80 million dead from Nazi fun times in Germany lead to membership in that party being outlawed.

Perhaps something similar will happen hear if we reach approximent numbers, but modern technology makes if far far easier today to pile up bodies much faster.

That will never happen. Our best hope is that the non cult member conservatives create their own party and the GOP eventually dies out.

I don’t know what to do about media platforms that actively spread lies and misinformation without violating first amendment territory. Boycotting is really the only viable solution at this point.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That will never happen. Our best hope is that the non cult member conservatives create their own party and the GOP eventually dies out.

I don’t know what to do about media platforms that actively spread lies and misinformation without violating first amendment territory. Boycotting is really the only viable solution at this point.
My turn: That will never happen. Millions dead, much more likely…

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

I think it comes down to promoting people to be more cynical about what they hear. That's the reason why I try to start off in a neutral position on topics as it's too easy to get half the story or someone's spin/bias on a story. Also, I think it can help to talk to people that have only sipped on the Kool-Aid, and keep in mind that just like when dealing with scared little critter, you can't go yelling at people, or you'll just spook 'em! One thing that I try to do is to root out the dehumanizing that right-wing media loves to use.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I think it comes down to promoting people to be more cynical about what they hear. That's the reason why I try to start off in a neutral position on topics as it's too easy to get half the story or someone's spin/bias on a story. Also, I think it can help to talk to people that have only sipped on the Kool-Aid, and keep in mind that just like when dealing with scared little critter, you can't go yelling at people, or you'll just spook 'em! One thing that I try to do is to root out the dehumanizing that right-wing media loves to use.

You’ve got more patience than me then. I’ve tried many tactics and none will change the mind of someone who’s mind is already made up. Shaming them at least get them to go away. For those who are willing to listen it is refreshing and I’m always taken back and I then be sure to be on my best behavior.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Absent a successful alternative, our nation will simply decay and implode one day.

I wonder if any Democratic and open society can survive modern communications. Or if only the closed and Tyrannical societies will be left standing by 2100? Do we have to strike a balance between free thought and loyalty?