Fox News Commentator/Former Army Lt Colonel quits Fox News with explosive email questioning...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So the same people that hide behind and beat their chests about respecting our military and our veterans will bush this guy's thoughts and opinions and FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE into the trash bin.
He was never really a conservative. I can hear it now.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sometimes people finally have an epiphany. I hope Trump brings out an army of them.

Indeed. Conservative belief is kinda like Jenga- take out the wrong (in this case right) piece & the whole thing can fall down. It scares the shit out of them.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sometimes people finally have an epiphany. I hope Trump brings out an army of them.
Unlikely. It's not going to fool even you the next time someone makes a disingenuous exit from fox, so they wouldn't try it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Unlikely. It's not going to fool even you the next time someone makes a disingenuous exit from fox, so they wouldn't try it.
What's the F with you people that never believe what they can see with their own F'n eyes. The axe is about ground to a nub now.

Reactions: Thebobo

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
What's the F with you people that never believe what they can see with their own F'n eyes. The axe is about ground to a nub now.
Usually I'm the only one right, but this time I think a couple others recognized that fox has pretty much always been completely ridiculous. It's completely transparent that they've been this way for probably 20+ years. It's a great opportunity to leave and be commended.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Please explain why its a disingenuous exit.
I don't know the circumstances behind why we're all reading his letter. It reads like he wrote it for the public. It's full of pathos. Seems a little suspicious. Ordinary people can see what fox is, and he's more sophisticated than average, explicitly declaring his supposed heretofore ignorance of the obvious. If you worked at fox and wanted to leave, this is how you would do it, unless someone else beat you to it.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know the circumstances behind why we're all reading his letter. It reads like he wrote it for the public. It's full of pathos. Seems a little suspicious. Ordinary people can see what fox is, and he's more sophisticated than average, explicitly declaring his supposed heretofore ignorance of the obvious. If you worked at fox and wanted to leave, this is how you would do it, unless someone else beat you to it.
It's clear to ordinary people.

Not programmed meat bags who gobble up Fox as Christ's True Fact Network.

Sometimes it takes a bold statement by an ex-cult member to break the grip that the cult still has on current members.

Reactions: Jaskalas

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
It's clear to ordinary people.

Not programmed meat bags who gobble up Fox as Christ's True Fact Network.

Sometimes it takes a bold statement by an ex-cult member to break the grip that the cult still has on current members.

The people who work there aren't nearly as dumb as the viewers. Why didn't he quit 6 months ago? a year ago? 5 years ago? Why did he ever work for them? He could be leaving now for any number of reasons, but it's very unlikely to be because of some sudden realization, so don't count on anymore faux epiphanies, haha.

You aren't surprised by what fox is doing now, and you would have been had they not been as they are, because they assume whatever form the party takes. Fox is just a reflection, and you wouldn't say your mirror gets worse when you think you look uglier.

Last edited:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
The people who work there aren't nearly as dumb as the viewers. Why didn't he quit 6 months ago? a year ago? 5 years ago? Why did he ever work for them? He could be leaving now for any number of reasons, but it's very unlikely to be because of some sudden realization, so don't count on anymore faux epiphanies, haha.

You aren't surprised by what fox is doing now, and you would have been had they not been as they are, because they assume whatever form the party takes. Fox is just a reflection, and you wouldn't say your mirror gets worse when you think you look uglier.
Of course I'm not surprised.

Anyone with any semblance of critical thinking has known that modern US conservatism has been nothing but radical, reactionary right-wing authoritarianism for over 20 years. And I mean, out-and-open right-wing authoritarianism. Described, hilariously out in the open by one of the main handlers, Rush Limbaugh, and his self-proclaimed "dittoheads".

So, yeah, no shit. Objective observable reality, is, uh, objective, and observable.

Sure, the god damn hippies have been shouting this from the streets since the Nxon-to-Reagan catastrophe which was the beginning of this epic shitshow. But, as we all know, hippies are really only good for punching, especially by the corporate, BothSidesDoIt™, show-me-the-money media...which US conservatives have had to wage a pre-emptive war against to get their dittohead, re-programmable meatbags to automatically ignore. Hence the "libruul media" charge, which allows them to reflexively ignore any news that even remotely hints at objective, observable reality as "liberal lies", or now under Strongman Trump, "fake news".

Amazing propaganda. It really is.

Yes, this man could have quit in 1998. Or 2004. Or 2009. Or any time, really. If he had integrity.

But, as we all know, some people don't care about anything but money, power, and status. And over on Fox, they hand it out to anyone willing to toe the line.

That doesn't change the fact that this man's letter is essentially a letter that is directed directly at the rest of the cultists/Fox News viewers/right-wing authoritarian reactionaries who have listened to this man confirming their biases for the past 20+ years, and now have to use their incredible, super-poweresqe cognitive dissonance and projection abilities instilled into them by their handlers, to hand-wave it away.

That is what is valuable. Not this one man's "change of heart". This fucker is just trying to build a lifeboat to get away from the epic catastrophe he helped create. Fuck him, and his god damn lifeboat.

But the letter. Just one more piece of evidence piling up that, yes, Virginia, modern US conservatism is a right-wing authoritarian cult and is destroying the fuck out of the country, one election at a time.

You claiming that it doesn't matter is just an attempt to have people look away from the ongoing catastrophe and focus on this fuck head and his hubris, or whatever else that doesn't actually matter in the ongoing catastrophe.

Reactions: Meghan54

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Meh. Why can't it just be what the guy says it is, that Trump is the straw that broke his camel's back?

Seems reasonable to me. Hopefully millions more will come to the same realization.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
How I remember it, it couldn't have gotten worse. At least not much worse. It's always been the republican channel. This guy seems very dishonest, even for a republican. You can tell by the way he writes that he probably always knew better. Any credit he gets for this will be ill-deserved. It's easy to quit and move on while being patted on the back. What courage. Much sacrifice.
He is talking about Hannity right? Hannity hasnt gone full retard since Trump?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump is just a bridge too far for some conservatives. That means Fox News' slavish devotion to him is too much for them, as well. As rightful criticism has scaled up, their slavishness has too, leading some to the breaking point, to an epiphany. We need more of that. I'm sure Fox will deliver. They can't help themselves.