Fox News anchors publicly upset over Fox and Friends Obama bashing

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Phokus
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...ews-ancho_n_92743.html

I have to give kudos to Brian Kilmeade and Chris Wallace who stood up to this blatant display of dishonesty by "Fox and Friends". It's not everyday you see a hint of integrity over at Fox News.

It was comical to see them get owned by Wallace, especially the bimbette who wasn't quite bright enough to know not to go forward with the tie bit they had planned.

D

Deleted member 4644

wow... just.. wow.......

I at least SOMEONE at Fox has some balls.

sisq0kidd

Lifer
Apr 27, 2004
It sort of looked staged to me.

/Conspiracy theorist

Anywho, that lady needs to be slapped. Her cackle is almost as annoying as Hillary's.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Now only if we can get a hint of integrity on cbs news, abc news, cnn, etc.

sisq0kidd

Lifer
Apr 27, 2004
Originally posted by: JS80

Are you giving credit to Fox News when an anchor is going against Fox News script?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Isn't that show Fox's answer to the drive time morning zoo radio shows? They are just playing up to the morons who are their audience. You have to admit that anybody that tunes into the show on a daily basis either has to be an employee or a Moron.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: sisq0kidd

Are you giving credit to Fox News when an anchor is going against Fox News script?

i'm not understanding your question

sisq0kidd

Lifer
Apr 27, 2004

Maybe I'm not reading your statement correctly, then.

I assumed you were stating that Fox News had some form of integrity because of the walk-off by the anchor, and you were attributing this integrity to the whole news network when in fact, the anchor himself went against Fox News script and rhetoric.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005

I assumed you were stating that Fox News had some form of integrity because of the walk-off by the anchor, and you were attributing this integrity to the whole news network when in fact, the anchor himself went against Fox News script and rhetoric.

I'm still not following your point or question. My point was the CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN are way more biased to the left and you will never see an anchor call out another anchor for cherrypicking a political quote. Hannity is the only person at Foxnews that makes them remotely "right wing" and he's not even part of the news he is commentary. Their news staff is extremely fair and balanced in their NEWS reporting. Foxnews at least shows both sides of any issue (as exemplified in this incident) while the mainstream media will do what it can to protect their political interests.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Dari
Has anyone been to their website. Racism is rife over there.

omg their website background color is white. so racist.

Actually, the articles' background is yellow. But this one flew right over you:roll:.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
<-- Obama supporter.

That's actually quite refreshing to see Chris Wallace for taking his fellow "reporters" to task. Now if only someone would take Keith Olbermann to task for his over-the-top, incessant Clinton-bashing.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Colbert will have something to say about the brown haired guy who isn't steve doocey walking out.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Colbert will have something to say about the brown haired guy who isn't steve doocey walking out.

Doesn't Jon Stewart call him Steve Douchey?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I'm still not following your point or question. My point was the CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN are way more biased to the left and you will never see an anchor call out another anchor for cherrypicking a political quote. Hannity is the only person at Foxnews that makes them remotely "right wing" and he's not even part of the news he is commentary. Their news staff is extremely fair and balanced in their NEWS reporting. Foxnews at least shows both sides of any issue (as exemplified in this incident) while the mainstream media will do what it can to protect their political interests.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Bill O'Reilly's not right wing at all. Neither was John Gibson... he's right down the center. Brit Hume's certainly not a hard right wing pundit in his spare time, and to call Oliver North right wing would be just downright wacky. I mean sure about half of their programming is extreme right wing opinion shows, but hey they had a guy who is normally a hard right wing attack dog say that after two hours of attacking Obama they should switch to something else! The bravery! The balance!

That all being said, I'm not surprised in the slightest that you think this way. Unfortunately objective, scientific research has come to a different conclusion. Sorry. We actually had a wonderful thread on that awhile back. I would encourage you to read it.

sisq0kidd

Lifer
Apr 27, 2004

See, here's where I disagree with you. Fox News does show both sides, but that doesn't make something fair. They spend hours on Obama's Reverend, take the clips out of context and continue to debate it like it's an issue that's plaguing America. That's a lot of coverage on Obama, but the questions being thrown at him are less than fair. There was no equal questioning from them on Pat Robertson, the kook, and his ties with Bush.

I watch Fox News on a regular basis, mainly because my father only watches Fox News and no their news is not fair and balanced. Comparing them to CBS, NBC, ABS, CNN and then saying "hey look, we're less bias" is no indication of "fair and balanced."

It seems to me that the only people who think Fox News is fair and balanced are those in love with Fox News to begin with. If you end up agreeing with most of what any mainstream news network represents, especially one that's ranked number one, I can guarantee it's not fair and balanced.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Fox News portrayed Ron Paul as a "911 Truther," believing that the USG organized the 911 attacks...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRIE8wUFHt4

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
The mainstream media is way left wing while Foxnews is right of center. That is what makes them more fair and balanced.