Fox business GOP debate

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Cruz said something rather scary last night. Kasich tried to call him on it but failed miserably to explain why Cruz has a terrible position. When Cruz said he would had let the banks fail. And in the future would let the banks fail. That would had sent main street into the toilet. And did Cruz advocate letting congress control the fed? I am not a big fan of the fed. But allowing politicians the ability to run the fed is an even worse idea. Honestly if that happens. Guns, Butter, and good reading material will be needed for the eventual collapse of the world economy.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Cruz said something rather scary last night. Kasich tried to call him on it but failed miserably to explain why Cruz has a terrible position. When Cruz said he would had let the banks fail. And in the future would let the banks fail. That would had sent main street into the toilet. And did Cruz advocate letting congress control the fed? I am not a big fan of the fed. But allowing politicians the ability to run the fed is an even worse idea. Honestly if that happens. Guns, Butter, and good reading material will be needed for the eventual collapse of the world economy.

A lot of people say that type of hyperbole, until they realize what it actually means. Plays well but ultimately wouldn't happen.

My dad was the same way. When the first vote for TARP failed he said "good". Then I walked him through what will happen, step by step, he got it after that.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Did I say I liked everything he said? No. But hey, if that works for you.

BTW, going to report your trolling, personal insult, non-substantive, stalking BS to the mods.

The guy who routinely comes into threads with a blizzard of personal insults is going to report someone for insulting him. Lol. Physician, heal thyself. Not only are you a hypocrite and a racist, you're an incredibly thin skinned one. Have fun reporting me though! I'm looking forward to it.

As for Cruz, I like how him trying to push the US into national default isn't enough for you to not like him. Who knew you were so forgiving?? Haha.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
A lot of people say that type of hyperbole, until they realize what it actually means. Plays well but ultimately wouldn't happen.

My dad was the same way. When the first vote for TARP failed he said "good". Then I walked him through what will happen, step by step, he got it after that.

I also went back and forth on TARP. But after a few years of learning more about the ramifications of not propping up the banking sector. I have realized how disasterous of a policy that would had been for avg people.

Cruz strikes me as the kind of ideologue that would follow through on such a promise. It is such a shame a Kasich has no chance in this Republican party. He is a moderate that understands a balance is needed to get things done.

Nov 30, 2006
Agree 100%. Cruz is incredibly naive and quite dangerous...he would be a horrible choice.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I also went back and forth on TARP. But after a few years of learning more about the ramifications of not propping up the banking sector. I have realized how disasterous of a policy that would had been for avg people.

Cruz strikes me as the kind of ideologue that would follow through on such a promise. It is such a shame a Kasich has no chance in this Republican party. He is a moderate that understands a balance is needed to get things done.

It's bizarre that people would support someone based on the hope that they wouldn't actually do what they say they will do.

Kaish still has a number of pretty radical positions, but he's by far the least crazy of the bunch. It is too bad that he has no chance.

Nov 30, 2006

I'm a huge Kasich fan as well...and agree that he will never get the nomination. He looked angry last night imo.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I'm a huge Kasich fan as well...and agree that he will never get the nomination. He looked angry last night imo.

I think he realizes his door is closing on this nomination. So he is coming out firing on all cylinders in an attempt to get people to pay attention to the level of crazy presented on the stage.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

The problem is that he is a moderate on stupid positions.

Can't get rid of 11mm people? Hurt kids? Who the fuck cares, they are *NOT AMERICANS*. What about all of the hurt Americans who can't find decent paying employment because wages are suppressed by illegals? He keeps saying amnesty then build a wall. Fuck no, because they will keep coming. His Congress had the 90s to fix this shit and he failed to do it. He also failed to check the watering down of Glass-Steagall.

It's that type of establishment BS that turns me off from him. He cares far more about big business and feelings than the economic reality of having too many workers in certain parts of the country.

If he changed his position on that and the trade agreements, I'd be far more inclined to support him.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2006
The problem is that he is a moderate on stupid positions.

Can't get rid of 11mm people? Hurt kids? Who the fuck cares, they are *NOT AMERICANS*. What about all of the hurt Americans who can't find decent paying employment because wages are suppressed by illegals? He keeps saying amnesty then build a wall. Fuck no, because they will keep coming. His Congress had the 90s to fix this shit and he failed to do it. He also failed to check the watering down of Glass-Steagall.

It's that type of establishment BS that turns me off from him. He cares far more about big business and feelings than the economic reality of having too many workers in certain parts of the country.

If he changed his position on that and the trade agreements, I'd be far more inclined to support him.
Who do you support?

Nov 30, 2006
I lean towards trump, if only because of those issues, but I do agree that he isn't concise and seems to talk in circles.

I don't really like any of them all that much.
To me, Trump talks in broad "I will make it better" generalities without offering specifics to show that he understands the issues and complexities involved in solving the various problems. To me he's all bluster and I get zero comfort that he understands much beyond this bluster.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I lean towards trump, if only because of those issues, but I do agree that he isn't concise and seems to talk in circles.

I don't really like any of them all that much.

Then why do you spend so much time defending Trump like he's the best thing since sliced Reagan?

If you just have too much time on your hands, there are so many other hobbies which could be much more rewarding.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
To me, Trump talks in broad "I will make it better" generalities without offering specifics to show that he understands the issues and complexities involved in solving the various problems. To me he's all bluster and I get zero comfort that he understands much beyond this bluster.

I guess I see it differently. A CEO doesn't know that many particularities.

None of the candidates talk in specifics, they are all generalities.

"I'm going to restore the military!" - does it need restored?

"I'm going to repeal Obamacare!" - it won't ever get repealed.

"I'm going to be tough on Putin!" - how?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Then why do you spend so much time defending Trump like he's the best thing since sliced Reagan?

If you just have too much time on your hands, there are so many other hobbies which could be much more rewarding.

He isn't, but he's better than the establishment dittoheads.

Nov 30, 2006
I guess I see it differently. A CEO doesn't know that many particularities.

None of the candidates talk in specifics, they are all generalities.

"I'm going to restore the military!" - does it need restored?

"I'm going to repeal Obamacare!" - it won't ever get repealed.

"I'm going to be tough on Putin!" - how?
I thought Fiorina was especially specific regarding your last question.

Feb 4, 2009
I know it was a business debate but why won't someone ask Trump if he feels Ted Cruz is eligible to be President. He was born in Canada.

Nov 30, 2006
I know it was a business debate but why won't someone ask Trump if he feels Ted Cruz is eligible to be President. He was born in Canada.
Apparently these moderators wanted to distance their questioning style well away from the crap asked by the incredibly unprofessional CNBC shit show moderators.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You would still vote for Cruz over Clinton.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Well, I read the whole thread up to this point and the poster with whom I most agree is LegendKiller. Trump is by far the best in the field. The one point with which I most disagree, however, is the immigration issue. While I think 11 million illegals does some harm to legal US citizens, and we need to think of their kids, and I don't think we should favor illegals kids more then them we can't just think less of them since they are here because we failed to keep them out. Because of our past failure to manage our borders they become our responsibility. We provided enormous incentives to come and none to stay away. I don't believe in entrapment. Some sort of consideration is going to have to be done for the people already here. We can't just forcibly eject them. This issue has become very difficult to deal with because we allowed it to fester and that's our fault.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Well, I read the whole thread up to this point and the poster with whom I most agree is LegendKiller. Trump is by far the best in the field. The one point with which I most disagree, however, is the immigration issue. While I think 11 million illegals does some harm to legal US citizens, and we need to think of their kids, and I don't think we should favor illegals kids more then them we can't just think less of them since they are here because we failed to keep them out. Because of our past failure to manage our borders they become our responsibility. We provided enormous incentives to come and none to stay away. I don't believe in entrapment. Some sort of consideration is going to have to be done for the people already here. We can't just forcibly eject them. This issue has become very difficult to deal with because we allowed it to fester and that's our fault.

We didn't allow it to fester. We were told we were racist if we did anything about it, ignorant if we believed it hurt us economically, and stupid if we thought we could do anything about it.

We have laws in place to deal with it, but lack the moral fortitude to do anything. Why? Because our political elite are bought and paid for by the very people who benefit the most from the illegal's existence. The media portrays anybody who disagrees as racist and who pays for the media? The political elite and business. Who pays for the political elite? Business.

Look at sanctuary cities. We have local politicians ignoring federal detainers. Why? Because they want eventual votes. How the fuck can this happen, where we ignore the laws of the land? These are *CRIMINALS* who actually did something wrong. Often times violent. Yet we don't do anything. Do you think we allowed that to fester? The majority of Americans want this BS stopped, now. However, the political elite just ignore them, calling them racist and claiming they cling to their guns.

Enough is fucking enough.

These people are *NOT* our responsibility. They came here illegally. They took jobs illegally. Businesses hired them illegally. They suck social welfare, illegally. They suppress wages illegally.