Fox and Friends airs 4-minute anti-Obama video

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Thanks to CK for finding the link to the video

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201205300001

5-30-2012

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/fox-friends-obama-attack-ad-video-204537376.html

Fox and Friends airs 4-minute anti-Obama video

"Fox & Friends" aired a nearly-four-minute video about President Barack Obama on Wednesday, drawing the ire of critics who say it looked, felt and sounded like a political attack ad.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," co-host Gretchen Carlson said while introducing the video.

The video, produced by Fox News associate producer Chris White, attacks Obama's record on job creation and the unemployment rate--and includes a dramatic, "Star Wars"-esque soundtrack. It aired twice on Wednesday's show.

The video "resembled propaganda films from 1930′s Europe," Baltimore Sun television critic David Zurawik wrote after the segment first aired.

According to the progressive watchdog group Media Matters, the segment is the equivalent of $96,000 of free advertising for the Republican party and Mitt Romney, who clinched the 2012 GOP nomination on Tuesday.

A post on the Fox Nation site calling the piece a "must-see Fox video" was taken down, and the segment was later removed from FoxNews.com.

Last edited:

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
This is where the government should make them give equal time or the cash equivalent to the Obama campaign..

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Reportedly, Fox executives are disowning the video, claiming they did not approve its airing, removing it from the website and blaming it on an assistant producer.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Anyone have a link to this Anti-American Obama hating video?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201205300001

It's amazing that there are still people who consider Fox News a news source at all, much less "fair and balanced". Generally mouthbreathers who think Katie Couric asking Sarah Palin what magazines she reads is equivalent to running non-stop anti-Obama propaganda every day for five years.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
This is where the government should make them give equal time or the cash equivalent to the Obama campaign..

That would be the 'fairness doctrine', which did not apply to cable channels, and did not require 'equal time' - but threatened all our freedoms if it were in place, we're told.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Fox is a 24 hour a day GOP propaganda station. What's another 4 minutes?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Yeah, I saw it. It did look like a campaign ad.

But what's new?

Watch Sean Hannity and it's 60 minutes of all Obama and why you shouldn't vote for him. Then watch Chris Matthews, it's 60 minutes about Romney and why you shouldn't vote for him.

There ARE real news shows out there. But Fox and Friends isn't one. Neither are Matthews or Hannity.

Fern

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Yeah, I saw it. It did look like a campaign ad.

But what's new?

Watch Sean Hannity and it's 60 minutes of all Obama and why you shouldn't vote for him. Then watch Chris Matthews, it's 60 minutes about Romney and why you shouldn't vote for him.

There ARE real news shows out there. But Fox and Friends isn't one. Neither are Matthews or Hannity.

Fern

So why would Fox disavow it if it's just business as usual?

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Attack ad? Simply a mini docmuentary laying out statistics? Are you guys saying that the message is wrong or they've got the numbers wrong?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
So why would Fox disavow it if it's just business as usual?

My guess would be the appearance of it: It looks like a commercial/campaign ad.

I doubt they have any qualms about the content. If the talking heads on that program just sat around saying those same points I doubt anybody would bat an eye.

Fern

Away

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
So MSNBC is allowed to attack Romney, but Fox isn't allowed to attack Obama? Sounds fair and balanced to me.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Reportedly, Fox executives are disowning the video, claiming they did not approve its airing, removing it from the website and blaming it on an assistant producer.

Just another one of those silly Fox News foul-ups. You know like identifying some republican politician that screws-up with a "D" by their name.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Fox is a 24 hour a day GOP propaganda station. What's another 4 minutes?

That was my thought as well.

Obama being at odds with the likes of Steve Douchey isn't the bad press they hoped for. Quite the opposite actually.

Fail on Fox, fail on.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
My guess would be the appearance of it: It looks like a commercial/campaign ad.

I doubt they have any qualms about the content. If the talking heads on that program just sat around saying those same points I doubt anybody would bat an eye.

Fern

I'd say it more than looks like one. I think it is one.

Music, editing, and footage manipulation. That's production value. The hosts commentary was precious though (paraphrased): He remembered everything everyone ever said!

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
It was a tacky video but facts are facts. And the stats are accurate.