Fourteen U.S. Marines and a civilian interpreter killed today in attack south of Haditha, Iraq, U.S. military says

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Train
Originally posted by: Darkhawk28
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
One thing Micheal Savage is right about is how we are being picked apart by them...
maybe if you pansy liberals would STFU and stop whining about stupid sh:t like a dog barking at a prisoner, and forcing congress to put all these stupid engagement rules on us, maybe we wouldnt have to go through as much risk as humanly possible. I swear sometimes I think the retards in Congress are TRYING to make it easier for an insurtgent to kill Americans.

:cookie: Ah yes, it's all the Libuhrals fault. :roll:
funny that chumps like you never say sh|t to my face.

The majority of the rules now restricting US troops were direct result of media frenzies every time some Iraqi gets a broken nail.

Where you at?

maybe if you insecure yellow bellly neo-cons would STFU and stop whining about mythological sh:t like WMD's and terrorists in Iraq maybe you would'nt have to go though any risks. I swear sometimes I think the retards in thw whitehouse are TRYING to make it easier for an insurgents to kill Americans.

Do you really think your Jackass-in-Chief who has achieved absolutely nothing domestically but benefit his political cronies is really about liberating iraqis? Don't make me laugh skinhead. A sorrier excuse for a US president has rarely emerged. The criminal deception of the American people by his autocratic/treasonous regime and the undermining of our consititution is what will go down in the history books. Not "liberation" of iraq which is, and will continue to be, a nightmare for them, loss of prestige and money for us, and generating more terrorists in the muslim world not less. You'll learn soon enough in this short life what catagorical error Iraq has been plenty of real conservatives are already speaking out which can only snowball -- hopefully you won't have to learn the hard way with your head detached from your shoulders how morally bankrupt the people you support are.

TRUMPHENT

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2001
Kirk, Ive been out of college, with the exception of the occasional night class, since 2000. I joined the Marines shortly after 9/11 and have been overseas more than once, including Iraq at least once.

Sorry if I came off harsh, but put yourself in my shoes, we get attacked for protecting ourselves, and then we get looked down on for not protecting ourselves well enough. Theres an extreme level of pride in how well Marines do thier jobs, something I've never seen a civilian, or servicemen in other branches for that matter, come close to comprehending. When lives are getting lost because of attacks from our rear (the USA), including lives of people I've known for years, its only natural to want to attack that which weakens you.

If theres arrogance in this thread, its from those who dont realize how detached they are from the real situation.

If you wish to attack that which weakens you, go directly to the Pentagon and call out Don Rumsfeld. Wolfowitz has sought opportunites elsewhere. Visti the White House and challenge Dick Cheney to a knife fight. You're a Marine, you should be able to make short work of an old man with a pacemaker. Those are the slaphappy chuckleheads that shilled the war with proclamations of troops would be down to 30,000 by now and mostly noncombat. How many are there now? I hear the Marine Sniper School is looking for a few good men all of a sudden. Send them your resume.

You have this complex where you can't see the forest for the weeds.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Well I just don't like veiled physical threats from someone who claims he took an oath to uphold the consititution.. you know freedom of speech and all that grade school civics stuff my ten year old knows already. I guess it's not real suprising though that neo-cons object to people speaking thier minds sora goes in with thier whole throwback medieval psyche they got going.

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001
Originally posted by: BushBasha
Originally posted by: Zebo

I swear sometimes I think the retards in thw whitehouse are TRYING to make it easier for an insurgents to kill Americans.

Yea, that's it. :cookie:

Don't make me laugh skinhead.

a 2-fer :cookie:

it was a rant against the obviously retarded comments made by train.
but way to take the quotes out of contest and continue the retardation. :cookie:

imported_tss4

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2004
Kirk, Ive been out of college, with the exception of the occasional night class, since 2000. I joined the Marines shortly after 9/11 and have been overseas more than once, including Iraq at least once.

Sorry if I came off harsh, but put yourself in my shoes, we get attacked for protecting ourselves, and then we get looked down on for not protecting ourselves well enough. Theres an extreme level of pride in how well Marines do thier jobs, something I've never seen a civilian, or servicemen in other branches for that matter, come close to comprehending. When lives are getting lost because of attacks from our rear (the USA), including lives of people I've known for years, its only natural to want to attack that which weakens you.

If theres arrogance in this thread, its from those who dont realize how detached they are from the real situation.

Its understandable that its tough on you over there dealing with the life threatening situations and then hearing about how people over here don't believe in the mission. But that's democracy. That's what you're protecting. That's part of freedom - Fighting to preserve the rights of those that you disagree with. Stay safe when you're over there.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Brings our three day total for August up to 23. Looking like another rough month for our soldiers. I've had to update my signature quite a bit since August 1st.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Forsythe
I wonder when you will cross the 10k soldiers line.

It will take quite a while for that, but we should hit 2k by October at the current pace.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Not that I want to do this, how is our wounded and death rate compared to Vietnam? Is it simaller? Did we lose the same amount of people in the beginning of war compared to the current Iraq war?

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Tab
Not that I want to do this, how is our wounded and death rate compared to Vietnam? Is it simaller? Did we lose the same amount of people in the beginning of war compared to the current Iraq war?

Vietnam eclipses Iraq in soldiers killed and wounded by far. But the N. Vietnamese were a MUCH stronger foe than the Iraqi insurgency.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Tab

Just over 2 years into Iraq there is a higher KIA/WIA statistic, 'Nam started off slower, we didn't hit the 1,800 mark until 1965, the 5th year.
Over the course of the war we averaged 12 per day to over 58,000 total.

We have soldiers surviving now that never would have even made it to the hospital in 'Nam - survivors.
Greviously wounded, incapacitated and maimed for life - moreso than in Nam, the Iraqi insurgency relies more on bombs, which cause more catostrophic injuries.
A bullet back then is just like a bullet now - 50 cal machine guns, AK-47's & M-16's haven't really changed much, firefights about the same,
but the IED's are something else.

BushBasha

Banned
Jul 18, 2005
Originally posted by: InfectedMushroom

it was a rant against the obviously retarded comments made by train.
but way to take the quotes out of contest and continue the retardation. :cookie:

"out of context"...here's a rich cookie for you, too :cookie:

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk

We have soldiers surviving now that never would have even made it to the hospital in 'Nam - survivors.
Greviously wounder, incapacitated and maimed for life - moreso than in Nam, the Iraqi insurgency relies more on bombs, which cause more catostrophic injuries.

This is a kernel of information worth remembering. OIF has created the greatest proportion of amputees of any US military conflict in history, and these numbers are not widely reported.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: DonVito
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk

Greviously wounded, incapacitated and maimed for life - moreso than in Nam, the Iraqi insurgency relies more on bombs, which cause more catostrophic injuries.

This is a kernel of information worth remembering. OIF has created the greatest proportion of amputees of any US military conflict in history, and these numbers are not widely reported.

Sadly, the Psychological Damage is on the rise as well.

Another aspect of the tragedy of war:

Two young Fort Hood soldiers who served in the Iraq war have killed themselves in separate incidents in Killeen since the weekend, post officials said Wednesday.

Sgt. Robert Decouteaux, 24, of Rosedale, N.Y., died Saturday from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He had been airlifted from his home to a Temple hospital for emergency surgery, but he died while doctors tried to save his life.

And on Monday morning, Spc. Robert Hunt, 22, of Houston, was found dead in his apartment by Killeen police, who were alerted after members of his unit tried to contact him when he failed to report to work.

Carol Smith, a Killeen police spokeswoman, said Wednesday that Hunt's cause of death was listed as asphyxiation.

Decouteaux, a soldier for five years, was an M-1 tank mechanic assigned to the 4th Infantry Division.

Fort Hood spokesman Dan Hassett said Decouteaux served in Iraq from April 2003 to March 2004, and that he was scheduled to redeploy when the division returns to the war zone beginning this fall.

Hunt, a radio operator-maintainer, joined the Army as a teenager in 2001 and had been assigned to Fort Hood since August 2003.

He deployed to Iraq for a year-long tour in March 2004 as part of the 1st Cavalry Division.

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
Its just sad that crappy threads are ranked higher than threads like these. It seems that the death of 6 snipers and 14 other marines isnt even news. This is how exactly vietnam began, and I hope it ends the same way. America out of Iraq!!!

BushBasha

Banned
Jul 18, 2005
Originally posted by: cirrrocco
Its just sad that crappy threads are ranked higher than threads like these. It seems that the death of 6 snipers and 14 other marines isnt even news. This is how exactly vietnam began, and I hope it ends the same way. America out of Iraq!!!

Well, though you make me sick, at least you are honest. You are not alone; many Liberals hope "it ends the same way, too." But I am sure "you love America" and "support the troops." (not).

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BushBasha
Originally posted by: cirrrocco

Well, though you make me sick, at least you are honest. You are not alone; many Liberals hope "it ends the same way, too." But I am sure "you love America" and "support the troops." (not).

So wanting America out of Iraq, which was a sham of a war, means not supporting our troops or loving America? That's a complete Bullsh!t statement and you know it. A pretzel for you to choke on with your anti American bullsh!t! :|

fornax

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Yep, apparently BushBasha supports the troops the same way the Iraqi resistance supports them: by wanting more and more of them killed and maimed in Iraq. While the people who want them home are somehow traitors and don't love America.

BushBasha, take your anti-American ravings to some Islamic web site.

BushBasha

Banned
Jul 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Engineer

So wanting America out of Iraq, which was a sham of a war, means not supporting our troops or loving America? That's a complete Bullsh!t statement and you know it. A pretzel for you to choke on with your anti American bullsh!t! :|

There is a difference between "wanting the troops out" and saying that you hope the current conflict "ends like Viet Nam." If you don't see the difference, I am guessing you didn't serve a decade in the military and been on every major deployment since Panama.

Anti-American? Go back and stick your head in the sand.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
One thing Micheal Savage is right about is how we are being picked apart by them...
maybe if you pansy liberals would STFU and stop whining about stupid sh:t like a dog barking at a prisoner, and forcing congress to put all these stupid engagement rules on us, maybe we wouldnt have to go through as much risk as humanly possible. I swear sometimes I think the retards in Congress are TRYING to make it easier for an insurtgent to kill Americans.
STFU with the goddamn trolling you POS! Enough of this CRAP!

BBond

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
An humorous description of the current state of affairs.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Joke of the Day

CONSTITUTION

"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years and we're not using it anymore."

MicroChrome

Mar 8, 2005
Originally posted by: BBond
PS Meanwhile, Bush vacations just like he did the month before 9/11.

The arrogant, elitist, patrician, lying bastard.

He really isn't on a vacation....

It's a working vacation don't forget... And remember that he is the first president to take the most vactaions ever.

Anyway, he sits and vacations on his ranch as mothers of dead soldiers protest down his driveway.

It's a sad day indeed. One day Karma will get back to him.... And god won't be able to save him.