Fourteen U.S. Marines and a civilian interpreter killed today in attack south of Haditha, Iraq, U.S. military says

Flash1969

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
From CNN (8/3/05)

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Fourteen Marines and a civilian interpreter were killed Wednesday when their amphibious assault vehicle struck an improvised explosive device about 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) south of Haditha, Iraq, military officials said.

A Marine was also injured. The Marines were assigned to the 2nd Marine Division.

Wednesday's attack follows the killings of six Marines Monday in Haditha, which is in northwest Iraq.

R.I.P.
rose.gif

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
[Dick Cheney] The Insurgency is in it's final death throes[/Dick Cheney] Yeah Right:frown:

R.I.P.
rose.gif

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Woke up to this horrible news. :(

One thing Micheal Savage is right about is how we are being picked apart by them.

They laid down and said come right on in, we'll get you later.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Forsythe
On a second note, how many people lived in Vietnam in the mid sixties?

And just what the hell is that supposed to mean ?

BBond

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
rose.gif

Ask yourselves, people, WHY? Think...don't repeat the propaganda...ask yourselves, WHY?

NO WMD. NO TIES TO TERRORISM OR 9/11. NO THREAT WHATSOEVER.

Why are there now 1,821 dead American soldiers and God only knows how many dead Iraqis?

All for a pack of goddam lies, that's why. And you people refuse to even hold the liars responsible.

Shame on all of your houses.

What a disgrace you are to the ideals America once stood for.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Woke up to this horrible news. :(

One thing Micheal Savage is right about is how we are being picked apart by them.

They laid down and said come right on in, we'll get you later.

Then Bush said "Bring it on". What a waste. Welcome to Vietnam 2.0.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
One thing Micheal Savage is right about is how we are being picked apart by them...
maybe if you pansy liberals would STFU and stop whining about stupid sh:t like a dog barking at a prisoner, and forcing congress to put all these stupid engagement rules on us, maybe we wouldnt have to go through as much risk as humanly possible. I swear sometimes I think the retards in Congress are TRYING to make it easier for an insurtgent to kill Americans.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Originally posted by: Train
One thing Micheal Savage is right about is how we are being picked apart by them...
maybe if you pansy liberals would STFU and stop whining about stupid sh:t like a dog barking at a prisoner, or a book getting flushed down a toilet, and forcing congress to put all these stupid engagement rules on us, maybe we wouldnt have to go through as much risk as humanly possible. I swear sometimes I think the retards in Congress are TRYING to make it easier for an insurtgent to kill Americans.

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
maybe if you pansy liberals would STFU and stop whining about stupid sh:t like a dog barking at a prisoner, and forcing congress to put all these stupid engagement rules on us, maybe we wouldnt have to go through as much risk as humanly possible. I swear sometimes I think the retards in Congress are TRYING to make it easier for an insurtgent to kill Americans.

:cookie: Ah yes, it's all the Libuhrals fault. :roll:

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Originally posted by: Darkhawk28

funny that chumps like you never say sh|t to my face.

The majority of the rules now restricting US troops were direct result of media frenzies every time some Iraqi gets a broken nail.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
maybe if you pansy liberals would STFU and stop whining about stupid sh:t like a dog barking at a prisoner, or a book getting flushed down a toilet, and forcing congress to put all these stupid engagement rules on us, maybe we wouldnt have to go through as much risk as humanly possible. I swear sometimes I think the retards in Congress are TRYING to make it easier for an insurtgent to kill Americans.

Are you drunk? What does this conversation have to do with barking dogs exactly? Since, you seem to know so much about the subject, how would you like to change the rules of engagement?

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000

The majority of the rules now restricting US troops were direct result of media frenzies every time some Iraqi gets a broken nail.

Oh please. Like your measley little threats mean anything to me. :roll:

I'd say it to your face and I'd fear not in doing it. Trust me. Plus, if what I said put you into such a frenzy to say something like that, then you need to get off the computer right now.

Ok, so now you're blaming the media for rules of warfare? Oh please, quit taking the steroids, because your testosterone levels are ridiculous.

Feb 10, 2000

Specifically what rules of engagement have changed, and how could the changes in any way relate to prisoner treatment? What action has Congress taken to change the ROEs? I'm not aware of a single one, and I'm interested in it if it's true.

As an aside, I'll say that if anything I think the media and the public have been far too tolerant of the scores of deaths of detainees in US custody. Hell, US guards murdered the head of the Iraqi Air Force - we would level any country that beat General Jumper to death, if he were somehow taken as a prisoner of war.

imported_tss4

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2004

I actually agree with your take on unneccasry restrictions placed on our troops, but after reading this threatening and condescending post blaming me for all the endangerment placed on the military as a liberal, I'd have no problems telling you exactly what I though of you right to your face. You make good points sometimes but you screw them up by acting like an arrogant asshole.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
If I'm not mistaken, Train isn't active military, but a NG Chump going to college
who likes to talk big.

There's a difference between actually walking the walk, and talking the talk
Vs. 'some of the guys in my guard unit were there and told me.'

Or did I confuse him with 'Deceptive-Con' ?

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Kirk, Ive been out of college, with the exception of the occasional night class, since 2000. I joined the Marines shortly after 9/11 and have been overseas more than once, including Iraq at least once.

Sorry if I came off harsh, but put yourself in my shoes, we get attacked for protecting ourselves, and then we get looked down on for not protecting ourselves well enough. Theres an extreme level of pride in how well Marines do thier jobs, something I've never seen a civilian, or servicemen in other branches for that matter, come close to comprehending. When lives are getting lost because of attacks from our rear (the USA), including lives of people I've known for years, its only natural to want to attack that which weakens you.

If theres arrogance in this thread, its from those who dont realize how detached they are from the real situation.

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001

You sure sound like a great example of a retarded brainwashed soldier. Great job man. Great job.

Edit. Sorry, but I have no fvcking respect for someone who condones prisoner abuse.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Kirk, Ive been out of college, with the exception of the occasional night class, since 2000. I joined the Marines shortly after 9/11 and have been overseas more than once, including Iraq at least once.

Sorry if I came off harsh, but put yourself in my shoes, we get attacked for protecting ourselves, and then we get looked down on for not protecting ourselves well enough. Theres an extreme level of pride in how well Marines do thier jobs, something I've never seen a civilian, or servicemen in other branches for that matter, come close to comprehending. When lives are getting lost because of attacks from our rear (the USA), including lives of people I've known for years, its only natural to want to attack that which weakens you.

If theres arrogance in this thread, its from those who dont realize how detached they are from the real situation.
If you're fighting for democracy abroad you should be prepared for dissent in your homeland.