Four words a girl can say to make a guy say "I love you"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jombo

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2001
Originally posted by: HotChic
I was at work today and called the helpdesk to come do the Windows updates on my computer, since it requires admin privileges the way they have it set up. The guy came and we were chatting while the computer rebooted, basically good-naturedly complaining about Windows. After comparing a few stories about Windows problems, I said, "we should install linux." The guy looked straight at me and said, "I love you." lol

the question is did he ask you out after that or did he just walk back to his cube afterwards?

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Jombo
I was at work today and called the helpdesk to come do the Windows updates on my computer, since it requires admin privileges the way they have it set up. The guy came and we were chatting while the computer rebooted, basically good-naturedly complaining about Windows. After comparing a few stories about Windows problems, I said, "we should install linux." The guy looked straight at me and said, "I love you." lol

the question is did he ask you out after that or did he just walk back to his cube afterwards?

Walked back. :) Which was good because it saved me the trouble of saying no, and saved him the trouble of going to whatever forum he hangs out on and starting a YAGT wondering whether I really meant it.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Jombo

Walked back. :) Which was good because it saved me the trouble of saying no, and saved him the trouble of going to whatever forum he hangs out on and starting a YAGT wondering whether I really meant it.

OMG NOES!

Muck

Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: ohtwell
I thought you were gonna say "Let's watch some football" :D

: ) Amanda

Beat me to it. I suppose I love you now. :)

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Muck

My other weak spot.......

"I cook and clean"
:Q:Q

I guess you should really love me then, because I could honestly say that to you as well!! Men are SO easy!! ;):p

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I was at work today and called the helpdesk to come do the Windows updates on my computer, since it requires admin privileges the way they have it set up. The guy came and we were chatting while the computer rebooted, basically good-naturedly complaining about Windows. After comparing a few stories about Windows problems, I said, "we should install linux."

The guy looked straight at me and said, "I love you." lol

NERD.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Unfortunately I would immediately think that the girl was trying to engage me in a dialogue wherein we have mutual "enemies". I could only at that point surmise it to be an attempt to make friendly with a 'techie' for preferential treatment by using popular anti-corporate rhetoric, this gotten from her assumption that I'm anti-corporate\anti-m$oft.

That being the case I could only feel further isolated and removed from her socially.

It may just be my suspicious nature.

Muck

Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: ohtwell
Originally posted by: Muck

My other weak spot.......

"I cook and clean"
:Q:Q

I guess you should really love me then, because I could honestly say that to you as well!! Men are SO easy!! ;):p

LOL. Hey, I have to be romanced. I'm not that easy. You might have to resort to "I LOVE to cook and clean". :p:)

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Also..

"I bought you beer"

Another one for myself is...

"lord of the rings"

InverseOfNeo

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2000
Best line from a gf I had was "Suck on my n1pples more, I love it".........wait is that aplicable in this thread? oh well it is now.