Four Compubank sign-up deals: $50, $50, $40, $30 with your first account

Bermar

Mar 23, 2000
Get $50 through [links deleted]

---

Posting links to pay-to-surf and pay-for-referral sites is not permitted on AnandTech.

AnandTech Moderator

da bastard

Oct 11, 1999
Dam, they ask you for every single question that one would need to access ALL of your accounts anywhere ie. mommies maiden name, ssn, DL#....

Youve done this place?

Denogginizer

Jun 18, 2000
Well, considering that CompuBank *is* an official, FDIC-insured bank, they pretty much have to ask you every question any other bank would. If you went to your local bank and tried to sign up, wouldn't they also ask for SS#, Mommy's maiden name, etc.?

Bermar

Mar 23, 2000
Da bastard, I have been a happy Compubank customer for more than one year. I have accumulated about 21,000 click rewards by using their debit card which I can exchange for 21,000 frequent flyer miles or order a good
TV set from Click Rewards program www.clickrewards.com

As far as I know they provide online banking services for
customers of financial centers of General Motors as well as many other companies.

It is the only internet bank (among banks I am aware of) which sends you notifications via email what is going on with your account: balance dropped to low, money arrived to your account via ACH transfer, etc ( you have to select what notifications you want to receive). So if somebody stole your Compubank username and password and tried to move money from your account, you would most probably be able to catch the move after receiving notifications about the transaction (unless he/she is smart enough to change notifications before moving money from account, he-he).

Compubank is the only bank which allows you to do wire transfer for free.
So if you have emergency situation like cancelation of overdraft credit
lines by x.com, you can move money to your another bank account or somebody's else bank account within one day for free.

They allow you to initiate free ACH transfers to and from your Compubank account right on their web site. You do not have to call Customers Service to make ACH transfers it like Wingspanbank customers do. ACH transfers arrive to your Compubank account within 2-3 day. So you do not have to keep all your money in Compubank. Just transfer as much as you plan to spend from your regular bank which will charge you for all the services (online bill payment, wire transfer, ACH transfer, etc) which Compubank offers for free.

Bermar

Mar 23, 2000
It looks like $20 sign-up bonus from Compubank is dead. I corrected my initial post accordingly.

golfisart

Dec 25, 1999
OK. I'm dumb. It looks like you can only sign up once thru Compubank. Is that right? If so which deal do you think is best? I'm sure the answer is obvious but I just got done bartending at the Esquire Lounge in the land of the Fighting(?) Illini and I had to quality control the product to protect all of you. Hep me, hep me, please hep me. Thanks.

Bermar

Mar 23, 2000
> It looks like you can only sign up once thru Compubank. Is that right?

People tried to combine the offers but I am not aware if anybody
had succeed to get something like $170. If Compubank gives only email address to the affiliates I mentioned upon their request, it could be possible to combine deals. If Compubank gives them email address + affiliate number used, it is obvious what affiliate number you had in your Compubank cookie during application and what affiliate should give you its bonus.

> If so which deal do you think is best?

Cybergold offer is too small.

With Gomez.com you can be sure that you will get money. But Gomez.com has many other bank deals like $75 for First Internet Bank of Indiana or $60 for Etrade bank, etc. Gomez.com allows you to register for only two bank deals per year. So I would not waste my Gomez.com choice applying for Compubank account which has three non-Gomez offers. Other banks like First Internet Bank of Indiana and Etrade bank give you sign-up bonuses ONLY through Gomez.com.

So the question really is if you should choose Spree.com offer or Spedia offer. I have not dealt with these companies. I have seen one report about horrible experience with Spree.com with no details and several reports about good experience with Spedia.

Can anybody else give feedback about Spree.com and Spedia?

Bermar

Mar 23, 2000
To those who applied for Compubank account on Saturday.

It may still be possible to get $20 Compubank sign-up bonus. It is partially Compubank's fault that it had not forced its affiliates to change the deal on their web sites. Compubank should be capable to pay $20 sign-up bonus to new customers who applied 09/30/00 from affiliate premium it would otherwise pay to Spree.com, Gomez.com and Cybergold.com. The affiliate premium is $40 per customer BTW.

If you applied for Compubank account via one of these affiliates today, you may try to claim your $20 by sending to Compubank an image of the affiliate web site showing old Compubank-affiliate promotion. You can find the images for Cybergold.com, Gomez.com, Spree.com at ibankdesign web site.

You can use text of my poll at i-Bank Design board as an example of a complaint letter to Compubank. You are also very welcome to vote for the poll question: "Will you complete the application process without $20 sign-up bonus from Compubank?"

If I have enough "NO" votes, I will inform Compubank president, Frank Goldberg, about results of the poll to help you get the $20 bonus.But it does not mean that you have to say "NO" even if you are going to complete the process. Just tell the truth, whatever it is.