found this in a friends 2005 suzuki forenza

Aug 26, 2004
this is located on the dashboard between the steering column and the stereo...

there's no mention of it in the manual...anyone know what it is?

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: quakefiend420

peep hole? vent? speaker?

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Tiamat

peep hole? vent? speaker?

the only thing we can come up with is maybe some models have a stereo with adaptive volume and it's a mic...but his doesn't have adaptive volume..so we're confused...i thought someone may have one and know what it really is

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
It's the exhaust from the 1.5L engine:p

it's a 1.8L :D

and it's not too bad for a econobox...0-60 in about 7.5-8 seconds

i've seen much much worse :p

interkool

Sep 2, 2003
Its actually where the temp sensor is. Does your friends car have a temperature display..ie..outside/inside temp?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Maybe it's the speaker for the sound you hear when a door is open with the lights on.

Climate control temp sensor? My parents' Subaru has something just like it (and my Accord has one too, though climate control is only available on higher-tier models).

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
This could be for a non-US option, as well. You have to keep in mind that the car may not have the option it will still have most of the infrastructure. It's cheaper to mold all dashboards with that little cutout rather than have two seperated injection molds going on at the same time when the only difference is a 1" diameter set fo slats.

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: jumpr
Climate control temp sensor? My parents' Subaru has something just like it (and my Accord has one too, though climate control is only available on higher-tier models).

no auto-climate control either...

Originally posted by: iamwiz82
This could be for a non-US option, as well. You have to keep in mind that the car may not have the option it will still have most of the infrastructure. It's cheaper to mold all dashboards with that little cutout rather than have two seperated injection molds going on at the same time when the only difference is a 1" diameter set fo slats.

true, i didn't consider that

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
... storm drain to collect the water when it rains and you leave the windows down?

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
It's where the martian death ray will come out to burn you and your friend to a crispy cinder!!

Oh wait.....I wasn't supposed to say that! My friends are gonna be SO pissed at me now!!! Nevermind.....I didn't say anything! Just forget it!! :laugh:

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

Looks like a crappy picture to me.

Seriously, though, it looks like a spot for a speaker/microphone.