Found something to sort of replace Clearly Canadian

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
A few months ago I made a thread about Clearly Canadian flavored water reminiscing on how awesome it was, that it sucks it's not really sold anymore, and I've yet to find a flavored water near it (mostly because they're all that bullshit sugar free).

Well the other day I was in Target and in the juice aisle I seen this Izze juice drink. One of the flavors was blackberry which automatically made me interested because you don't see blackberry juice drinks much. It had some sparkling water so I picked up the 4 pack.

Well, it's quite delicious. It's like a little stronger and more juicy than a flavored water, but when there's nothing else like Clearly Canadian, I can compromise. Now I'm all out but I'll be picking up more today. May have to try one of the other flavors as well.

Here's what it looks like

Oh yeah, it's crazy how while searching for my old thread to link to, I actually have another... from 2001. So I've been jonesing for this stuff for 10 years. :( Very old thread

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Izze's pretty good. Far superior to Clearly Canadian imo, but I've gotten away from all of them. Too sweet for my taste.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Yeah they're pretty sweet, but I like soda (normally a "pop" person but I live in NY so I try to fit in :)) so no issue with these.

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011
Coca Cola bought them owner made a mint and then they closed them down. What happened to Jones drinks? They were good.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Izze is fantastic. I especially like their grapefruit soda. Plus it actually has juice in it, which means there is at least a vitamin or 2 floating around in there somewhere.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Ya, time for another Seltzer fad. I'm not sure why it fizzled(tehe) out in the first place.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
There was a bottled water that I liked which had just the essence of fruit. It wasn't sweetened, in fact it just tasted like water until the after taste hit. I haven't seen it in quite a while.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
There was a bottled water that I liked which had just the essence of fruit. It wasn't sweetened, in fact it just tasted like water until the after taste hit. I haven't seen it in quite a while.

Vitamin water is like that. Haven't had any for awhile, stuff is quite refreshing though.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Alright I'm back from Target and stocked up. Got two packs of the Blackberry and one of the Grapefruit. The Apple looked good too but I got the Grapefruit on the recommendation from a post above. If it ends up sucking, I demand the $3.50 it cost in my Paypal account.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
All I can get here is the store brand clear soda, which is full of aspartame-aftertaste badness. Metro does not sell it despite what CC's website claims. Damn I miss that stuff.

lyonsgal

Dec 11, 2013
they say Clearly Canadian will be sold again soon. A pre launch sales event this month. a Facebook page clearlycandian.com and a twitter page Live_clearly just appeared today. Can't believe I might have another clearly soon

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
If I remember correctly, Clearly Canadian was really cheap. Izzes are good, but a bit pricy.

amicold

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2005
Three posters and no one noticed the (very relevant to topic) necroing spammer?

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
They were selling it at the big fair in Toronto back in August. First time I've had it in years. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Glad they're going to start selling it again.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Wow, blast form the past. I used to really like that stuff. I think there was a mountain berry flavour or something like that? Tasty.

KT