Found in a rundown Boston estate: Barack Obama?s aunt

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: T2T III
Originally posted by: smashp
Originally posted by: sandorski
weak

Hardly. It seems well written. Also, it seems she has a bit to say after November 4th. Hmm ... can they take the President-elect off his throne if they can prove he was born in Kenya?

Birth certificate Still?

wow whats next. Break out photoshop and send an email to Dan Rather.

I mean your that desperate for it to stick

I can see how the Obama plan would help you - being that he's willing to put a fair amount of money into education.

Yeah that Would be nice if he would pay for me to get my VCDX and CCIE certfication. I Still have some White space on my business card :D

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: retrospooty
Obama has more charachter than MCCain could ever hope to have.

I'd rather see loyalty to one's country

Really? So would I . What does that have to do with it? Defending Obama's charachter does not mean I do it above loyalty to my country.

Speaking of loyalty to one's country... How do you justify McCain/Palin spreading aweful untrue accusations about being a friend of terrorists, riling people up about the man tha tvery likely will be the president. County first my ass!

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Barack is simply demonstrating that there are no free hand-outs in life and that you have to work hard to achieve the American dream. Isn't that what you Republicrats are always blathering on about?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: OrByte
Originally posted by: Duwelon
Notice no liberals are touching the story with a 10' pole.

I asked you 2 questions about this story smart guy.

Shhh, unless they are filtered questions that lead right into talking points most repubs can't handle them.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Balt
Do none of you have elderly relatives? Many of mine are/were fiercely independent and would rather live by themselves in less than perfect circumstances than accept help from anyone in the family.

If you persist, you can get through to them. If they say "no" the first time and you walk away - then, yes, you'll feel that they was independence. However, if you are able to show them the merits of a better life, chances are, they'll listen to you and accept your assistance. It has worked in my family.

man, ive got at least 3 or 4 cousins in and out of prison. An uncle living on the blvd 5 minutes from where I live. Ive got a cousin with 7 kids. Ive got an uncle who is a child molester, learned behavior from my grandfather who did the same to 3 of my aunts.

My point is, no one can tell anyone shit when it comes to family matters. And furthermore, no one really understands anyone elses family unless you've lived in their shoes and gone through the drama.

You guys are pathetic to draw your conclusions based upon where Obama's aunt lives and the fact that she is poor. None of us know anything about the circumstances that lead her to live there and the reasons why she is there to this day.

But go ahead, keep jumping to your conclusions. Seriously I think the OP is projecting some family bitterness in this thread...but that is about as diversionary as I will get.

<<<<< intellectually devoid

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Barack is simply demonstrating that there are no free hand-outs in life and that you have to work hard to achieve the American dream. Isn't that what you Republicrats are always blathering on about?

They're too busy whining to be bothered with the Principles they used to hold.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: LS8
Pointless Obama bashing thread # 376... I rate this one a 3 out of a possible 10.

NEXT!

I don't see it as bashing but why do you think it is pointless?

Pointless because there is no point. So, he has some relatives that are broke. Who doesnt, and how does this matter?

He wants to run a country but he can't even keep his family safe. The truth is he doesn't care 2 shits about his aunt or his brother, what makes you think he cares about the average citizen? He's just not the type of character that the US needs. You have to admit it reflects badly on him.

and how do you know that OP?

I see some serious projecting going on here with the OP... uh oh. Family counseling maybe?

The real problem with AT P&N is that liberal stupidity circle jerks like OrByte's posts get encouraged and QFT all the time, when they're nothing but intellectually devoid ramblings.
not only do you call out diversion in your own thread FIRST. you participate in creating said diversions.

are you feeling a little remorse for bringing this stupid article up?

all I did was ask 2 questions...now I am intellectually devoid :eek:

Buzzphrases like "Intellectually devoid" are a hallmark of a FUCKING IDIOT. It's a classic mechanism used by idiots... You throw out something that's potentially emotionally inflammatory, and you wait for emotionally charged responses. What happened when you asked a simple question? The subject idiot was unsure how to to respond so he responded in the fashion he would to the expected question.

If he could answer your questions, he would, no?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Pointless Obama bashing thread # 376... I rate this one a 3 out of a possible 10.

NEXT!

Pointless because there is no point. So, he has some relatives that are broke. Who doesnt, and how does this matter?

He wants to run a country but he can't even keep his family safe. The truth is he doesn't care 2 shits about his aunt or his brother, what makes you think he cares about the average citizen? He's just not the type of character that the US needs. You have to admit it reflects badly on him.

I see some serious projecting going on here with the OP... uh oh. Family counseling maybe?

The real problem with AT P&N is that liberal stupidity circle jerks like OrByte's posts get encouraged and QFT all the time, when they're nothing but intellectually devoid ramblings.
not only do you call out diversion in your own thread FIRST. you participate in creating said diversions.

are you feeling a little remorse for bringing this stupid article up?

all I did was ask 2 questions...now I am intellectually devoid :eek:

Tell you what, you post some honest questions about the OP without deflecting from the topic or adding your own personal speculation about shit you can't possibly know anything about, and i'll give you my full attention with a full fledged, autographed reply. How's that sound?
all I was doing was asking for a little elaboration to understand your point in your OP. But nevermind.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
who gives a fuck. I have a brother that is basically poor and I support tax cuts for the middle and lower class.

You've got about 5 days left to come up with something better than this lol.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Really? So would I . What does that have to do with it? Defending Obama's charachter does not mean I do it above loyalty to my country.

Speaking of loyalty to one's country... How do you justify McCain/Palin spreading aweful untrue accusations about being a friend of terrorists, riling people up about the man tha tvery likely will be the president. County first my ass!
McCain has shown his loyalty to his country for many years. Nobody can dispute that. Obama, has shown little - if any. Why is he so eager to cover up much of his past? If it were something that wouldn't be so discomforting to America, then I see no reason in his not being more open about what's asked of him.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
From the OP's link:

The Obama campaign was repeatedly approached for comment yesterday but had not responded at the time of going to press. It is not clear whether Mr Obama has been in touch with his African relatives living in the US, or even whether he is aware that they are on US soil.

So no one has considered the possibility that these people moved to the U.S. and never informed Obama?

frostedflakes

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
She seems to love him dearly and has donated what small funds she has to his campaign. Would this be the case if Obama treated her like crap?

The article suggests he may not even know his aunt is in the United States...

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004

Except that he doesn't actually believe there are no free hand-outs. He's in the party of free hand outs. He's promising handouts to (at least what, 75+% of Americans?) in tax "cuts" that he promises will be made up for by taxing the evil corporations.

He's doing nothing more than buying votes, worse, he's doing it at the expense of the country. George the security guard might get a tiny break, but how many people will the company have to lay off or not hire because they can't afford to all of a sudden due to taxes?

Obama and the left is playing politics with people's lives, and it's sickening to watch.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Except that he doesn't actually believe there are no free hand-outs. He's in the party of free hand outs. He's promising handouts to (at least what, 75+% of Americans?) in tax "cuts" that he promises will be made up for by taxing the evil corporations.

He's doing nothing more than buying votes, worse, he's doing it at the expense of the country. George the security guard might get a tiny break, but how many people will the company have to lay off or not hire because they can't afford to all of a sudden due to taxes?

Obama and the left is playing politics with people's lives, and it's sickening to watch.

So since you don't support handouts or tax cuts, I imagine you are voting nonindependent?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

:laugh:

The Outrage!!

Tax breaks for Oil Corps, the Wealthy, and the Bank Bailout must have had you quivering in a fetal position in the corner. Peoples lives!

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: RichardE

So since you don't support handouts or tax cuts, I imagine you are voting nonindependent?

I didn't say I don't support tax cuts. I just don't support Obama's tax cuts designed to put strain on producers and take less strain away from consumers.

For the record, i'm in favor of some sort of flat tax, or fair tax.

Back on topic, why can't his aunt talk to the press until after the election?

whistleclient

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2001
Obama has more charachter than MCCain could ever hope to have.

I'd rather see loyalty to one's country than just their character alone. You, as well as many others are led to believe anything and everything that Obama has said - thus, placing him on a pedestal of having good character. Now, what's the flavor of the Kool-Aid today?

How is Obama not loyal to this country? Isn't serving the nation as a Senator loyalty to one's country?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

NEXT!

Still blaming others for your own sins?? Duwelon meet mirror.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Balt
Do none of you have elderly relatives? Many of mine are/were fiercely independent and would rather live by themselves in less than perfect circumstances than accept help from anyone in the family.

If you persist, you can get through to them. If they say "no" the first time and you walk away - then, yes, you'll feel that they was independence. However, if you are able to show them the merits of a better life, chances are, they'll listen to you and accept your assistance. It has worked in my family.

Maybe with some people you can get through to them, but if I persisted with my grandmother before long I'd be ducking pots and pans flying at my head.

Granted, she's half a lunatic at this point, but that's part of why she is so capable of taking care of herself. That craziness is part of what makes her so strong and independent. Some people just won't accept help.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: sisq0kidd
Wait, are we talking about families now? I thought family was off-limits?

No, they'd be talking about how the candidate treats his/her family, and that's never been off-limits. (E.g., Rudy G., B. Clinton, JSM and a whole slew of other politicians).

Fern

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
This is his biological father's sister right ?

Didn't his biological father leave the family when Barack was like 2?

He met this woman once, in Kenya, researching his family, after his father died?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: deftron
This is his biological father's sister right ?

Didn't his biological father leave the family when Barack was like 2?

He met this woman once, in Kenya, researching his family, after his father died?

Yup. Should be noted that both his Half Brother and this Aunt support Obama. Neither feel like they are owed anything from him.

sisq0kidd

Lifer
Apr 27, 2004
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: sisq0kidd
Wait, are we talking about families now? I thought family was off-limits?

No, they'd be talking about how the candidate treats his/her family, and that's never been off-limits. (E.g., Rudy G., B. Clinton, JSM and a whole slew of other politicians).

Fern

I understand that, but how is that any different from saying that Palin is a horrible mom for letting her daughter get knocked up at such a young age? After all, we're talking about the candidate and her judgment as a parent, not the daughter directly.

The way I see it is they're both stupid subjects to begin with and involve family member decisions that have little to do with what the candidate is capable of. If there's any connection, it's a stretch.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/t...ons/article5042571.ece

I like Drudge's headline: SPREAD WEALTH AROUND: OBAMA AUNT FOUND IN BOSTON SLUM...

Obama is a fraud. Pure and simple. He has no character. He believes in spreading the wealth, supposedly, but not his own. If his selfishness and the total fraud underneith isn't evident already, just look at what the people biologically closest to him are like and the severe lack of relationships he has with them, even his own brother in Kenya.

0/10 sorry...old news and way too late......ro9fl@OP