found. faux PC outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
'Men at work' has got to change too. It's not gender neutral. Person's at work, people at work, humans at work, whatever.

This is very important stuff.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Fuck Lego! insensitive jerks!

You know what? people should get rid of the lego's they have in protest. Tell you what send all lego's to me and i will burn them..!

really...

rpsgc

Sep 22, 2004
You can't say Mankind either. It's sexist. Personkind, or Humankind even though the latter can also be sexist because it has the word 'man' in it.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
cat calling and whistling is "street harassment" and furthermore "sexual violence"?

http://jezebel.com/5891648/wolf+whi...l-in-europe-despite-what-you-might-have-heard

This crazy author is actually upset that cat calls and wolf whistles AREN'T having laws pushed to outlaw them.

Is anybody not convinced yet that government is the ultimate tool for coercion and oppression, surpassing religion? Or do we need to wait for laws like this to actually go into effect and start throwing guys in jail for noticing and whistling at an attractive female object.

rpsgc

Sep 22, 2004
cat calling and whistling is "street harassment" and furthermore "sexual violence"?

If men do it. But ONLY if men do it. When women do it it's perfectly fine.

Female strpipers? Disgusting! Male strippers? WOO HOO PARTY IS ON GURLS!!!

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
What a fucking moron. Dont buy it then. I hate blogger douchebags.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
If men do it. But ONLY if men do it. When women do it it's perfectly fine.

Female strpipers? Disgusting! Male strippers? WOO HOO PARTY IS ON GURLS!!!

Hmm. I quickly googled to see if there were feminist opinions on male strippers to see if you were incorrect accidentally or purposely disingenuous. To my surprise I came across this article.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...QP8sAAAAIBAJ&sjid=SM0FAAAAIBAJ&pg=820,7474166

Women are confined to low paying jobs, she said, but "Men have a world of positions open to them. They don't have to do this. When men strip it's a joke, not exploitation."

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I personally don't call a woman "hey babe", unless its my SO. I just think it is disrespecful. I don't "cat call" or whistle at women or girls in a public area either, as that to me is sexual harrassment. But this is my opinion. Now as far as the legos and putting "hey babe" on there, well, it was a poor choice of words for the toy company. They should know when live in a very PC world. It is what it is..

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
For every woman upset by cat calls, I would wager you have a few intentionally choosing routes to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.