Forza Motorsport Review: 10/10 ... frickin awesome!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Qwest

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
on a related video game note, the episode III game aint bad either.
although for some reason, i find Lego Star Wars sooo much fun.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: The Boss
Originally posted by: ifesfor
Originally posted by: The Boss
Well... got a copy of the game (don't ask how cause I don't need a ban and I will buy the original copy cause XBOX LIVE >*, this was just for testing)... and been playing it all day Saturday and all I can say is: WOW!

The game is so much more realistic compared to GT4 (I have been playing with GT4 since it came out)...

1. Graphics: just a bit better than GT4... not a lot but there definitely is some difference (has tire marks unlike GT4), tracks look a ton better than GT4 and the incar view = sick! :Q

2. Sounds: so much better than GT4, turbos don't sound like a pussycat with digestion problems and at least you can feel the blow off valve!

3. Realism: amazing! The cars respond to every little mistake you make (ie. wheels lock when you brake a little hard) and the sense of speed is simply amazing!

4. Online Play: will test that out when i buy the game on may 3rd...

5. Car selection: sorry, it doesn't have 72 versions of the same frickin Nissan but at least it has the exotics you cannot afford to drive in real life!

FINAL WORDS: blows GT4 out of the water... buy it! If I had to rate both games, I'd give an 8.5/10 to GT4 and 10/10 to Forza Motorsport!

1.Man on what kind of television do you play?Are you playing on that? GT4 Support 1080i and look 3x more sharp than forza...The car models in forza totally stink.I got my xbox hook with HD cable and the ps2 i rented also...and i can tell you the graphic of forza are horrible.Toca Race Driver 2 on xbox look 3 time better than forza.WHAT INSIDE VIEW??Your talking about the nose cam right???Cause there is 2 outside view were you see your car, and 2 nose cam.There is NO inside view.

2.Sound.Man on wtf are you playing with your system? On a stereo 13' television?I got a 5.1 surround system and i can tell you that GT4 is waaaaaay better.Gt4 also give you an amazing feeling of speed with a wind sound you hear when you go fast....and sound of forza just sound like a vacuum cleaner lol...

3.Nothing wrong about the realism here.Good point.Car damage realistic physics.Sence of speed tho is crap.FPS cap at 30fps which doesnt give you a good sence of speed.

4.same here didnt test the online play doh!

5.Car selection here also satisfy me.200 car is enough for me.And there is FERRARI!!!!

FINAL WORD.GT4 is better than forza dude sorry.I am an xbox owner but i can admit that gt4 is simply better.Im even considering purchasing now a ps2 just for gt4. :) .Forza motorsport look like an unfinish game...unless the "version" we all got...well was a "unfinished" release version ;).IT IS a good game for the xbox indeed, but not THE game i will chose if i got the choice between forza and gt4...

you didn't have to write all that... your fanboism is apparent enough here: http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=38&threadid=1580716&enterthread=y

and sure, i'll be sorry just because you said "GT4 is better than forza", lol...

and FYI, I have a fully equiped home theater system and still like forza's graphics/sounds better...

Why don't you read this first... he initially gave it good ratings... then posted that thread in you link. :p

Plus I remember all your GT4 bashing posts so you're a fanboy too. :D

MrBawls

May 20, 2005
I own a DFP for my GT4 and have bought Forza because I wanted to give it a chance after being dissappointed by the demo. I have to admit I am enjoying it a lot. I have it hooked up to my Dell 2001FP and running it at 480p. Now I was racking my brains out trying to figure out what I was going to do about not having a steering wheel for Xbox and after DFP, controllers just bite.

Well I have ordered this and it's on the way now, http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=2154&
If this works, I will be able to use my DFP with xbox and enjoy Forza like I enjoyed GT4.

And my opinion of Forza is that it is very good and better then GT4. I've played GT series since first on PS1 and online play ability makes Forza win.

we have it at work, as well as GT4 AND toca

forza is the more realistic of the bunch, i like it a lot...although some of the cars don't seem accurate at times

the rally racing in toca is cool, as are the GT lights

i like the driving line/speed indicator in forza...it helps me a lot cuz i tend to never let off the gas and blow every corner.
i really like how other cars will drive dirty and spin you out

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
Originally posted by: ifesfor
1.Man on what kind of television do you play?Are you playing on that? GT4 Support 1080i and look 3x more sharp than forza...The car models in forza totally stink.I got my xbox hook with HD cable and the ps2 i rented also...and i can tell you the graphic of forza are horrible.Toca Race Driver 2 on xbox look 3 time better than forza.WHAT INSIDE VIEW??Your talking about the nose cam right???Cause there is 2 outside view were you see your car, and 2 nose cam.There is NO inside view.

Not that TV, but something just as painfully old. Forza still looks great. Saying it looks like garbage is like saying every single reviewer of the game is blind or lying. If you can't even admit it looks good, you really shouldn't be posting about games.

2.Sound.Man on wtf are you playing with your system? On a stereo 13' television?I got a 5.1 surround system and i can tell you that GT4 is waaaaaay better.Gt4 also give you an amazing feeling of speed with a wind sound you hear when you go fast....and sound of forza just sound like a vacuum cleaner lol...

Just about everyone agrees Forza sounds more realistic than GT4...

FINAL WORD.GT4 is better than forza dude sorry.I am an xbox owner but i can admit that gt4 is simply better.Im even considering purchasing now a ps2 just for gt4. :) .Forza motorsport look like an unfinish game...unless the "version" we all got...well was a "unfinished" release version ;).IT IS a good game for the xbox indeed, but not THE game i will chose if i got the choice between forza and gt4...

Unfinished? What's missing? The only thing GT has over Forza is rally racing, but that doesn't make it better... since Forza adds things GT4 doesn't have, I can't see how it's unfinished.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
After playing Forza for a few weeks now, it is definately more realistic than GT4 in most areas.

I still have issues with getting DRAGGED offroad when you barely nudge on or over the line and the issues with my car spinning at the slightest touch of a wall. Otherwise, Forza = :thumbsup: (It'd be nice if it moved at 60fps too, thats one thing I absolutely love about GT4)

TuffGuy

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
GT4's definitely more realistic looking, Forza looks more arcadey.

Forza's AI is definitely better, GT4's blows.

Reading reviews from a few Euros who have been on the Ring, GT4's is definitely more accurate.

There's also glitches when you crash into walls at high speeds, and the wings on the SLR and on the CGT don't move like they do in real life.

I still don't get the whole "damage" angle though. Realistically, if you crash into a wall at 100mph, there's no way that your car in gonna be driveable. So unless you're gonna make it totally realistic, why bother with a half-assed interpretation?

Albis

Platinum Member
May 29, 2004
i wouldn't say forza motorsport blows GT4 out of the water but forza is def a fun game and something microsoft should bring to xbox 360 with forza 2

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I don't play console games really, do either of these have dash views? Any racing game that has an incar view where you can't see the dash makes me sick.

Colin McRae Rally 2005 "two thumbs up" best racing game of the past 13 1/2 months no doubt.

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: MrBawls
I own a DFP for my GT4 and have bought Forza because I wanted to give it a chance after being dissappointed by the demo. I have to admit I am enjoying it a lot. I have it hooked up to my Dell 2001FP and running it at 480p. Now I was racking my brains out trying to figure out what I was going to do about not having a steering wheel for Xbox and after DFP, controllers just bite.

Well I have ordered this and it's on the way now, http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=2154&
If this works, I will be able to use my DFP with xbox and enjoy Forza like I enjoyed GT4.

And my opinion of Forza is that it is very good and better then GT4. I've played GT series since first on PS1 and online play ability makes Forza win.

You'll have to let me know if this Lik-Sang adapter works, I'd love to be able to use my DFP on the Xbox :cool:

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Got the game today and I have to say I really like it. The sound is great. If you upgrade a part, you can really HEAR that the motor sounds different. I have the Toyota MR2 fully pimped. Very difficult to drive but also lots of fun :D

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: ndee
Got the game today and I have to say I really like it. The sound is great. If you upgrade a part, you can really HEAR that the motor sounds different. I have the Toyota MR2 fully pimped. Very difficult to drive but also lots of fun :D

but such an ugly ugly car :)

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: aphex
Originally posted by: ndee

but such an ugly ugly car :)

well, I kinda like it ;)

http://www.electricstar.org/mr2/images/mr2.jpg

That's one of the coolest(affordable) cars ever made IMO not in white but in red :)

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
Originally posted by: TuffGuy
I still don't get the whole "damage" angle though. Realistically, if you crash into a wall at 100mph, there's no way that your car in gonna be driveable. So unless you're gonna make it totally realistic, why bother with a half-assed interpretation?

You didn't change the difficulty settings did you? You can make it so the damage is more realistic and you get more money for races by doing so.

Also, I LOVE the fact that you can load your own soundtrack to the game. For me racing to may favorite songs makes it more fun.

MrBawls

May 20, 2005
Well it's me with an update on that USB>XBOX controller adapter. When Forza boots up, it tries to calibrate DFP like GT4 does, turning it the 900 degrees. However, at the end of the calibration, it just stops and turns the DFP off. So I think the problem is Forza doesn't know how to use the DFP. So in short, DO NOT buy the adapter, it doesn't work. $20+$24 (s/h) down the drain.

Anyone know a good steering wheel for XBOX? I read problems with the MC2 and the nascar one is just fugly! I looked at the Lotus one which is sold in Europe and was thinking abou tit. I also saw a $142 one at Fry's the other day but I can't shell out that much again after the DFP.

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Well it's me with an update on that USB>XBOX controller adapter. When Forza boots up, it tries to calibrate DFP like GT4 does, turning it the 900 degrees. However, at the end of the calibration, it just stops and turns the DFP off. So I think the problem is Forza doesn't know how to use the DFP. So in short, DO NOT buy the adapter, it doesn't work. $20+$24 (s/h) down the drain.

Thanks for the update, and :( for it not working. Have you tried the DFP in 200 degree mode? Maybe that will work?

Garry

franksta

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone know a good steering wheel for XBOX? I read problems with the MC2 and the nascar one is just fugly! I looked at the Lotus one which is sold in Europe and was thinking abou tit. I also saw a $142 one at Fry's the other day but I can't shell out that much again after the DFP.

The Fanatec isn't bad. A friend let me borrow his. I've never used a wheel for a racing game before so it was akward but if you already knew you wanted the wheel I'd get that one. I decided to save the money and just use the controller.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: NorthRiver
I have this game, and Pro Race Driver 2 is better.

i am curently playing ToCA 2 for PC. I am at 58% in the career mode. the game is so freakin hard now!! those indy races are impossible to win. I think i need an analogue gamepad