Forza Motorsport 7 & Gran Turismo: Sport

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
anyone going to be playing either one of these next month?

Forza 7 - available 10/3 (XBOX & Windows 10)

apps.29945.13997268951031195.1152921504728469187.e5d9a561-c938-4cc9-8ecf-1c5cfa14fdc7

and

GT Sport - available 10/17 (PS4)

i1vaePl4MdAtu.png

I didn't spend half the amount of time with Forza 5 & 6 as I did the latest Horizon game but I might have to play it anyway. I think I've run Dirt 4 into the ground so I'm gonna need to jump into something else. PC2 was just released but I sold my wheel setup last year. It's already been seven years since GT5 was (finally) released on PS3 so I really need a solid PS-only racer. Driveclub was just terrible; I hate myself for investing what little time I did into it. GT5 was good but there were a lot of aspects of the game that just didn't work imo.

Anyway, I'll certainly play GT toward the end of next month so add me if you're looking for race buddies.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Them coming out so near each other sucks for me since I want both. I bought an Xbox exclusively for Forza but since the 4k Xbox One X is in November, I'm going to wait for that to play it. I'll be getting GT Sport first.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Them coming out so near each other sucks for me since I want both. I bought an Xbox exclusively for Forza but since the 4k Xbox One X is in November, I'm going to wait for that to play it. I'll be getting GT Sport first.

Do you even have a 4k television?

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Is GT sport what they are calling GT7 or is it a new game?

my guess is that it's a standalone entry but geared toward next gen graphics, realism and VR. i have no idea when we could expect GT7 but this looks just as complete as one of the numbered games. considering how nice it looks coupled with the fact that PS4 has no great racing exclusives, I will most likely be buying it day one.

i basically did the same thing but then got lucky when Horizon 3 was released. i don't think I've played any other xbox games save for Gears 4 and Halo but I've been playing FM since the first generation Xbox and every game on the 360 including H1 and H2. bought a PS3 in 09 to play GT5 but it got delayed over a year. that was an easy wait though as PS3 had so much to offer back then.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
There are a ton of game coming out this month and next, but I think the best option is to wait until they are all cut 50% for the holidays. All of the previous sequels were drastically reduced in the past.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
I've always been a big Forza and GT fan, but something about Horizon 3 just rubbed me wrong and makes me cautious about Forza 7.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Really? I thought H3 was a blast and played very well... though I wish there was a bit more structure of the career mode having that freedom and control actually ruined a lot of the variety for me. Tried my best to run a slew of different events but ended up doing mostly rallies and supercar sprint races. 3/4 of the map was great also but the city area felt sort of generic and flat.

I liked the first horizon more than the second, though.

tsupersonic

Nov 11, 2013
As someone who always preorders Forza/Forza Horizon games, and even buying a 360/Xbox One to play Forza games. I'm going sit out Forza 7 until at least next year. I found Forza 6 to be too repetitive and it lost my interest really fast. I do enjoy the Horizon series a bit more. FH3 was especially brilliant, with the expansion packs. I tried the Forza 7 demo, and it was just alright.

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
Is GT sport what they are calling GT7 or is it a new game?

There was an interview with the lead guy (forget his name) in which he said GT Sport should properly be called GT 7: Sport. So, it sort of is, it is just that they have massively reduced the amount of cars compared to previous generations. They did later announce that they plan to add a lot of cars post launch, eventually building up to about 500 cars. No word on whether that will be free DLC or paid for DLC.

I have preordered the Forza 7 ultimate edition. Technically I could play it tomorrow, but I'm going to wait until I have got my Ryzen upgrade, which is next week Monday. Pretty excited!

The last Forza game I played was Forza 4, which according to some series fans is the best of the Forza Motorsport games so far. Forza 7 looks like it could be a return to form, with the sheer amount of cars and tracks that it has. I'm also interested to check out the new career mode and car homologation - could be interesting.

One thing that I am very unimpressed with is the Day One car pack. The Day One car pack is the Fate of the Furious car pack, which has got mostly recycled cars in it. In other words, cars that exist already in the game but have been slightly modified by Turn 10. Complete waste of a launch car pack and the worst one I have ever seen.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
There was an interview with the lead guy (forget his name) in which he said GT Sport should properly be called GT 7: Sport. So, it sort of is, it is just that they have massively reduced the amount of cars compared to previous generations.

I have preordered the Forza 7 ultimate edition. Technically I could play it tomorrow, but I'm going to wait until I have got my Ryzen upgrade, which is next week Monday. Pretty excited!

Kanunouri Yamauchi.

The reduced cars thing is fine by me because I did NOT like the premium vs standard model thing... thought it was a slapdash way of simply featuring more cars and I almost never used them because they just looked silly. Despite the game being pretty good and dumping many hours into it, GT5/6 ended up falling short of the standard I was hoping for. I wonder if them not going with "GT7" has anything to do with Microsoft pushing the seventh iteration of Forza...

as for the latter game, I will most likely pre-order the digital copy for PC and take advantage of the 4K... not planning on buying a new Xbox anytime soon.

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
I will be getting Forza 7, but not sure if I will buy it for Xbox One or get the re-issue for Xbox One X..

Charlie22911

Mar 19, 2005
I hope they support ultra wide displays, Forza Horizon is a bit... buggy. Halo Forge, and Killer Instinct are also buggy so the first party ports don't have great support for 21:9 in my experience.

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
Yeah but I am a physical Media whore, and like to actually own the physical copy.

I think the same might be true of physical media in terms of it working on the Xbox One and Xbox One X.

What I have heard is that people who buy it on disc will receive a 50GB day one download with all of the other content. The game itself is reputed to be either 67GB or 99GB. Possibly 67GB for Xbox One and 99GB for PC/Xbox One X. I heard the blu ray disc has 45GB of data on it and the rest has to be downloaded. So, not sure if you will always have to download 50GB on the first day, but you will have to download a lot.

And, they have announced that a patch will be released on November the 7th that will enable 4K and HDR for the Xbox One X. I think you could take this to mean that there will not be a separate Xbox One X edition released, because if there was, it would not need a November the 7th patch to support 4K.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I hope they support ultra wide displays, Forza Horizon is a bit... buggy. Halo Forge, and Killer Instinct are also buggy so the first party ports don't have great support for 21:9 in my experience.

there is 21:9 support I believe, users reporting having to set the resolution to native mode or something.

tried to DL the demo last night on PC but the download never actually started? :confused:

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Do you even have a 4k television?
Yes I do, 55" and only sit about 6' away from my TV. I just don't want to play, finish it, then boot it up again once the new Xbox comes out. I'd just rather wait. Especially since destiny just came out, SNES Classic, and Gran Turismo coming out.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
I do have to question the 4K 60fps HDR on the console. I'm getting 56fps average at 4K with the rig in my sig, with the occasional stall down to sub-5fps.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I do have to question the 4K 60fps HDR on the console. I'm getting 56fps average at 4K with the rig in my sig, with the occasional stall down to sub-5fps.
Textures aren't as good as on highest PC settings, nor is draw distance, AA, and AF. It looks miles better than all the 1080p shots/videos I've seen though. Even checkerboard 4k is much better than 1080p, plus with racing games, it's easier to notice the uptick in resolution.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Yeah, I've seen those videos. They state multiple times it's a "rock solid 60fps" and "locked" at 60fps (although there's no actual data to validate that). If that's true, it means the stalls are specific to the PC build which is annoying.