Forums ALWAYS down at ~11:45 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Is there some maintenance that goes on at this time? The forums are always unreachable for me at this time. It usually comes back up a bit after 12.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Was down the whole weekend for me. Also, the message on top tries to be funny, but at least they could include a timeframe when the forum will be down. Also, it wouldn't hurt for the time to be also presented in GMT... usually I see the message, see one of the US time zones and go "whatever". Makes me visit this place less and less every week...

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Was down the whole weekend for me. Also, the message on top tries to be funny, but at least they could include a timeframe when the forum will be down. Also, it wouldn't hurt for the time to be also presented in GMT... usually I see the message, see one of the US time zones and go "whatever". Makes me visit this place less and less every week...

It is not just this weekend. Ever since they switched it has been down at this time. Seems like there is a some maintenance job running then causing it to be down.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
The problem was the forums had too much activity. This new system fixes this problem by going down enough that people wont come here anymore. The idea of randomly hunting people who came to the forums was wrong headed and I'm glad they didn't go for it. The new way is much more peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.