~~~ Forum Announcement - Everyone with an @home.com address - WE NEED YOUR HELP! ~~~

Feb 9, 2000
We have a major problem with ALL of your email addresses. For some reason, all of our email to @home.com addresses is being returned with the error message:

Reason: <user-name@home.com>... Relaying denied

This includes both subscription updates and new registrations. It means:

New members will not receive their passwords.

Present members will not receive their subscription updates.

We need you to do the following:

If you have subscribed to any threads, please cancel those subscriptions, immediately. The returns are flooding our mailbox.

Both current members and new subscribers, please contact your Customer Service Representative as soon as possible, and ask them to unblock our mail.

Thank you,

AnandTech Administrator

Kilowatt

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've noticed that the @home mail servers haven't been the most stable lately.
There has been all kinds of problems with mail the last two weeks or so.

Viztech

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
@Home is the best service with the worst service on the Planet.

Too bad we can't get a choice. :Q

Go get em Narzy!

danzigrules

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2000
i've had @home for over a year now and the only complaint here is with the email. It does SUCK half the time I am online I can't get my mail.

Suggestion sign up for a free one and use it, You will have a much more reliable way to get your mail.

P.S. call and complain if you are having troubles with your @home email and get some of the good money that you are spending back!!!!!

Everytime my mail is down for a day I call and get a WHOLE DOLLAR back... not much but when we pay so much every little bit counts;)

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
@home does not suck they pay me very well, here is what I know, our mail servers suck, we have had alot of problems lately but I am not in the department that handles it, so all I can say is woops, and sorry.

oh ya and anandtech E-mail is not blocked our main mail server is on the fritz.

Jator

Golden Member
Jun 14, 2000
I have Road Runner which is just a little better than @Home. My suggestion, run your own mail server. That's what I do. Saves me a lot of heartache.

Jay

imported_CyberWire

Apr 26, 2000
my subscription emails are arriving fine. I use cox@home

I know that the socal mail servers have been being &quot;upgraded&quot; over the past week or 2.. and are still being worked on.

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
>>From all I've heard and read...@HOME IS SUCK!<<

On that, we agree badthad.

I use the @Home cable service, but I won't use their email.

Choralone

Dec 2, 1999
I've had AT&amp;T @home for well over a year and have had nothing but trouble getting e-mail. Luckily I've had a free e-mail address for almost 3 years now that works for me. I rarely checked my @home e-mail for the first few months after I got it since I had so much trouble, now I can't remember the last time I checked it. <shrug> Calling to complain got old pretty fast, I'd rather spend a half hour of my time doing something productive. :) The speed rules, but customer service sucks. At least it's not as bad as the Toshiba In-Touch center. Don't get me started with them... :(

Kilowatt

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Speed is great 90% of the time.
I'm constantly getting T1 speed for download.

Customer service is SUCK.
Even though they have people locally, you have to call Denver to schedule any work.
That's an instant two day delay. :|

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
@home has greatly improved recently, for me anyway. I assume they are constantly upgrading their network.

But their mail servers still seem down a lot of the time.

Viztech

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
This came in the email today-

<< Dear AT&amp;T@Home Customer:

Lately, you may have experienced some e-mail problems with your AT&amp;T@Home account. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We want you to know that the disruptions are the result of a major overhaul designed to improve your service.

For the past several weeks, our affiliate, Excite@Home, has been implementing an upgrade that will make the e-mail system faster and more reliable. During the transition, a hardware failure caused some customers to receive intermittent, delayed or degraded e-mail service. This hardware failure did not impact the rest of the AT&amp;T@Home service.

We have been working diligently with Excite@Home to solve these technical difficulties. The underlying failure has been fixed and the upgrade - which was suspended temporarily - has been resumed. We expect the upgrade to be completed soon, and we are confident that AT&amp;T@Home e-mail service will be better than ever.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that these problems may have caused you. For the quickest response to your questions, please visit us online at http://att.in-the-mail.com/c/00173000606964010103 or call 888-262-6300.

Sincerely,

Susan Marshall
Senior Vice president of Data Services for AT&amp;T Broadband
>>

Hmmm, looks like a fowled up upgrade, and they rejected incoming mail.
I NEVER have recieved the mail from Oct. 28 and 29, so I figure that mail just got vaporized.