Fortissimo 3, Turtle Beach Santa Cruise or Audigy?

JohnPaul

Oct 20, 2002
I recently bought an Audigy, but was wondering if I should return it and maybe get a Fortissimo 3, Turtle Beach Santa Cruise or some other sub $80 card. That's all I have to spend, so please don't suggest anything more than ten dollars out of that range, and it's got to be available at local computer stores such as CompUSA, BestBuy, and Staples etc. It would be nice if it was on sale. BTW, I saw the Fortissimo on sale for like $40 in the paper today, which is what made me think of returning this Audigy I paid $70 after rebate for, and I have heard the Fortissimo 3 was as good if not better than the Audigy. Also, I found the TBSC on sale at Curcuit City for $40 after rebate, which is half price there.

gf4200isdabest

Jul 1, 2002
Umm, if you're just playing games and music the Santaz Cruz is perfect. You can't get better than perfect...

mindwreck

Golden Member
May 25, 2003
i heard the turtle beach cards are better than the audigy correct me if im mistaken.. sound to me is eh.. rather worry about better processors and vid cards

JohnPaul

Oct 20, 2002
No, I know that Audigy 2>TB>Audigy 1, but that's about all I know when it comes to sound cards. Oh, I grabbed a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz for anyone who's wondering. It sounds pretty good, but i'll need an hour or so to get all the settings just right, so I can screw them up all over again. :0

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
If I'm not mistaken, the Creative line of cards outperforms all others in games, because of the power processor onboard the Audigy series. This gives you much better EAX performance. Whereas those other cards rely on your CPU to do the EAX math, slowing down your FPS.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
new drivers just came out for the tbsc:) sweet card. love the versa jack for painfree headphone support:)

chicago

Jun 29, 2003
Get the santa cruz. I bought one for a good friend of mine and that card sounded so good, that I got one today at cc. I'm building a computer for my Mom and I am going to put that card in her new pc as well.

JohnPaul

Oct 20, 2002
Bought the Santa Cruz for $40 after rebate. It sounds a bit clearer than the Audigy 1. One of the reasons I returned the Audigy was because it was making slight crackling sounds with my tvtuner plugged into it. The TB doesn't do that at all, although to me it seems a little less loud than the Audigy. I like it.

lameaway

Jun 18, 2003
Any impressions on the M-Audio Revolution? The specs on that card are awesome and i'm sure it sounds excellent (hey, its M-Audio), but how does it fare for gaming?